DEAD

"Mrs. D'Souza?",

Riddhima's voice brought both Anupriya and Vansh out of their shock as Mrs. D'Souza stood up from the floor,

"Please sir, help me. Anupriya madam ko pta nhi kya ho gya hai, mai dadi ji ke room may rakhne ke liye pani lene aayi thi jab achanak se...",

("Please sir, please help. I don't know what happened to Anupriya madam all of a sudden, I had come to fetch water to keep in grandmother's room when suddenly...",)

She left the words half, looking around with wide eyes. Vansh turned around, facing his mom standing beside his wife, completely silent when he noticed the eyes of Riddhima, wide with fear reflecting in them, stuck on his hand or more preciously on the gun in his hand. She was trembling all over, her lips quivering as tears pooled at the bottom of her eyes, raining on her lashes.

He cursed himself internally, Riddhima must already be sensitive with the kidnapping fiasco and Kabir adding charm to the chaos. She must be tired, worried, scared, out of her goddamn mind, and whatnot. How could he be stupid enough to show a gun in front of her when she is already vulnerable?

Meanwhile, her heart stopped at the ugly sight of a gun forcing her to walk down the lane of memory of this morning and then broke into a marathon. A cold sweat dewed on the back of her neck while her hands turned to ice.

Keeping the gun back in the waistband of his pants, he reached for her as she took a few steps back, holding her staggering self by her elbows he pulled her close,

"Riddhima",

his tone so soft, the melody pulling her senses to numbness as she looked up, staring back into his charcoal orbs, her sobbing body stiffening as Vansh cupped her cheek his thumb catching the, one tiny treachours pearl escaping the ocean of tears her eyes were filled with, cascading down her cheek.

"Relax",

She exhaled the breath she never realized she was holding. She could feel the knots in her muscles loosening with every second as she gulped, nodding lightly, and fisted his shirt from behind in her small palms, her nails digging into his clothed back. Both concentrated on easing her breath. He stroked her cheek, and she felt the blood rush up to color her skin.

The feathery touch was something so soothing that it pulled at the strings of her heart, her dead scared soul soared high, rebirthing as the warmth of his gaze pulled her out of the darkness, wrapping her in a bubble of calmness, yes, nothing matters, she is with him, their eyes having their separate conversation as the background faded for both of them.

Her accusing ones throwing questions, but her heart was silent, just living this feeling of safe heaven around her, Vansh, her man had become for her. All the scenarios she had pulled the lid on, the dreadful memory of being tied in that car, alone, vulnerable, helpless, all fading away.

But there was a little dread in her heart too, how come this man has so much effect on her? Her brain pressed on for the doubts but she forced it back, now is not the time, some fights are for the bedroom only.

Hey Krishna ji, iska hona hi kaafi hai mujhe duniya bhulany ke liye, itni kadar kab karli mere dil ne isski ki meri puri zameen hi nahi, mera asman bhi isky hony ka mauhtaj ho gya. Khuda ki khudayi toh ab yaad nahi, bas iski aahato par juhkany lagi.

Par kya isski dhadkano par mera thoda haq bhi hai? kya isky dil ki zameen ka ek tukda bhi mere hissy hoga kabhi?

(His presence is enough to make her forget the world while he seems to be so calm, not affected even a little bit by her.)