DARK CLOUDS

"Angrey",

Riddhima called, halting Angrey at his place as he slowly turned to look at his sister-in-law. She was sniffling silently, running his fingers through Vansh's hair as he lay unconscious on the bed, her eyes on Angrey. She was about to speak, but Angrey raised his palm, silencing her. Bringing his hand to his mouth, Angrey barked some orders in his sleeve and a second later the guard from the elevator appeared at the door of Vansh and Riddhima's bedroom.

"Doctor ko hifazat ke sath hospital tak drop karky aao",

(Make sure to drop the doctor safely at the hospital,)

The guard nodded, taking the doctor's bag from his hand, he gestured for the old family doctor of Rai Singhania's family to move.

The sooner the doctor stepped out Riddhima stood up. She wiped her nose with the back of her palm, hiding her face in her palms. Taking deep calming breaths, she gulped visibly. Angrey kept on waiting as Riddhima finally commanded her quivering voice to steady before speaking.

She looked at Angrey, her face red, eyes glistening with little pearls of tears decorating her lashes. Her cheeks wet as she asked,

"Kuch hua hai na Angrey?",

(Something happened right Angrey?)

Her voice was small, she ran her tongue on her parched lips as she glanced back at the unconscious figure of her husband on the bed.

"Yeh toh mujhse jyada aapko pta hona chaiye na bhabhi. Ya ab apne bhi samjhna chor diya bhai ko?".

(You should know it better than anyone else, right sister-in-law? Or even you have stopped understanding your brother now?)

Riddhima frowned, the sarcasm in Angrey's tone catching her off-guard. Angrey wasn't even trying to hide it. Unlike all the other times, she could hear him taunting her, very clearly.

"Tum kehna kya chahty ho Angrey?",

(What are you implying Angrey?)

Angrey scoffed,

"Kuch nahi bhabhi, mai keh bhi kya sakta hu. Jis par bhai jaan chidkty hai, unhy hi unky haal ka nahi pta? Ya apko farak hi nahi hai ab? Ajeeb nahi hai?",

(Nothing of importance. I am just thinking, isn't it a bit strange, The one on whom brother sacrifices his life, doesn't he know about his condition? Or maybe you don't care anymore?)

Riddhima's eyes went wide, and her jaw dropped. Angrey stares back at her, cold brown eyes boring into her skull giving her spine a chill stare, searching for something. His words were so... cold leaving Riddhima nonplussed. She opened and closed her mouth but no sound came out of it. Being accused like this by the person she takes as her brother...she had no words to explain her feelings.

The gushing wind was pierced by the ticking clock as they kept on staring at each other. Riddhima raised her hand, the back of her palm on her lips, she exhaled loudly, her eyes wet, glittering tears cascading down her cheeks, but her eyes ablaze as she fixed Angrey with her deep stare. Pointing a finger at Vansh she begins,

"Vansh,"

She gulped, sniffling,

"Vansh, tumhara gala ghot rha tha Angrey, tumhe maar dalta vo. Aur yeh koi choti baat nahi hai, Yeh normal nahi hai."

(Vansh was choking you Angrey, he would have killed you. And this, this is not normal.)

Riddhima's brows furrowed as Angrey let out a boisterous laugh. Riddhima gulped still confused when,