Chapter 50 - A new Base on an strange Planet

The journey to the newly established base on Dagobah went without any incident.

Nomi was feeding the triplets when the signal sounded, indicating they had reached their destination. Dash moved into the cockpit, activated the shields, old habits die hard and pulled the lever. The eerie whirls of hyperspace dissolved into stars and the planet Dagobah appeared outside the Outrider's cockpit window.
"Almost there, darling," Nomi heard her husband's voice over the intercom, while Corran let out a loud belch when he was full. After fastening her shirt, she gently placed the little guy in the makeshift crib where his brothers slept, as they were also full. She then left them in Leebo's care and went into the cockpit, kissed her husband and sat in the copilot's seat.
"It doesn't look inviting," Nomi muttered under her breath and stared out of the window.
"Hoth wasn't inviting either," Dash replied with a wide grin and ran his hand over the console to send the landing codes given by Wedge Antilles.

A few minutes later, Dash expertly landed the YT-2400 in a clearing near the base's prefabricated buildings. It didn't seem big, but it contained everything that was needed. According to Wedge, the location was suggested by Luke Skywalker. The young Jedi was fairly confident that the Empire wouldn't be looking for Alliance forces there.
Dash Rendar shut off the engines unbuckled, stood and stretched.
"Welcome to our new home," he said with an ironic undertone.
Nomi stepped to his side and put a hand on his arm, after unbuckling herself as well.
"We've been in worse places, love."
Her husband nodded and out of the corner of his eye he saw Leebo carrying the crate with the babies to the Outrider's midsection.
"Ok, let's go," Rendar said, walking towards the hatch, opening it and walking down the ramp which had lowered already, followed by his wife and Leebo.
The droid carried the crate very carefully as the babies were fast asleep and he didn't want to disturb their slumber.
There was dense fog and the air was hot and humid. Strange creatures flew around and eerie noises came from the nearby swamp.
Luke Skywalker stood at the bottom of the ramp, waiting for the new arrivals, eager to meet his future pupils.
"Welcome to Dagobah Base, my friends," he said, smiling at Nomi, Dash and their faithful droid.
Then he walked over to the crate Leebo was carrying to take a look at the Rendar triplets.
Awake now, the three looked at the stranger with their big brown eyes.
"Finally I get around to see your offspring. They are healthy and already strong in the Force."
The Jedi reached into the crate and was watched closely by Leebo. Dash Jr. grabbed Luke's index finger and tried to put it in his mouth. Skywalker chuckled and gently eased his finger from the baby's grip.
"Careful, little one," with a smile he turned to the parents. "When they are old enough, I will teach them the ways of the Force. They actually have the potential to be great Jedi."
Suddenly Luke raised an eyebrow and looked at Nomi in surprise.
"I may be wrong, Nomi, but I feel in your body a presence in the Force, albeit faint. Can it be that you're pregnant again?"
A smile lit up the young woman's face.
"It could be, Luke. We tried to have another baby on Nar Shaddaa," she replied, touching her belly. "Dash wants a little girl with all his heart."
The Jedi concentrated and reached out with the Force for a closer look. After a while he nodded his head.
"You are indeed pregnant and it is a little girl you are carrying," he said finally with a big smile. "She's also Force sensitive like her brothers. With your children, the Jedi Order will be reborn, Nomi."
Until then Dash Rendar had listened to the conversation in silence, but then his joy knew no bounds.
"I love you, Nomi. You fulfill my greatest wish. I can't tell you how happy you make me, darling. And I already know the name for our daughter. How does the name Tasherit sound to you?"
"It's a beautiful name, Dash. We'll name her Tasherit when she's born."

Unnoticed by the happy couple Luke had made his way towards the base's main building. He turned and gestured for them to follow.
When they entered the building, Leia and Han were already waiting for them.
Both were also happy to see Nomi and Dash. The princess went to the crate still being carried by Leebo and looked at the babies who were now fully awake.
"You really have three pretty babies. I wish I had such beautiful children one day," Leia said in admiration, tickling Biggs.
Han, standing next to the princess, nudged her with a lopsided grin on his face.
"We could try, Your Highness. You know that I'm always at your service," the Alliance general said in a cheerful tone and winked at the love of his life.
"Did I say I want you to be the father of my children?" Leia replied with a serious expression.
Han looked at her in consternation, not noticing that the princess winked at Nomi.
"Is there another man, Leia? You can't do this to me," Han Solo swallowed hard.
At that moment, Leia laughed and kissed him.
"You should have seen the look on your face, Han," she said, smiling at the man she loved dearly.
Luke couldn't help but grin the whole time.
"What's so funny, kid?" Solo asked the younger man, raising an eyebrow. "Wait until you fall in love."
The Jedi ignored the remark and changed the subject.
"I wonder where Chewie is," he said, fighting not to grin so as not to upset his friend even more.