Chapter 106 - The Jedi Hope

Nomi woke up very late and was feeding her daughter when there was a knock on the door to her quarters. Without a second thought, she reached out with the Force to find out who it was.
"Come in Luke, it's not locked," she said, sensing her friend's presence.
The Jedi opened the door, walked in and closed the door behind him before walking towards the young woman.
"Good morning, Nomi," he said and sat down next to her on the couch.
"Good morning, Luke," she replied, smiling.
Luke reached out and stroked Tasherit's copper-red hair, but she didn't let it bother her.
Nomi looked lovingly at her youngest child. When she looked up, her and Luke's eyes met. The young woman saw in her friend's eyes so much love and tenderness for her child as if it were his own.
After Tasherit signaled that she was full with a loud burp, her mother put her in the crib. Then she turned her attention back to Luke.
"Why are you here, Luke?" She asked, looking expectantly at her childhood friend.
At that moment, Dash entered her quarters.
"Yes, I would like to know that too. Good morning, Luke."
He came up to his wife and gave her a kiss.
"Good morning, darling. Did you sleep well?"
Dash sat down next to his wife and stretched his legs.
The Jedi smiled at her husband.
"Yes, Dash," she replied. "It was very late when we got home yesterday."
"I think we and Tarik were the last guests to leave the reception, Nomi. Han and Leia left much earlier," Her husband chuckled. "But we better hear why Luke is here. Well?"
Skywalker leaned back and smiled.
"I just wanted to tell your wife that the Jedi Hope is in orbit around Coruscant. Commander Xale would like to speak with you, Nomi."
Dash stared at the Jedi.
"Why doesn't he come here? I don't trust that Imp and I don't want my wife to board the Star Destroyer."
Nomi placed her hand on his arm reassuringly.
"You shouldn't forget that I'm a Jedi, darling. I know how to defend myself when it comes to it."
"You were a Jedi, but they were still able to kidnap you back then. It's too dangerous for you to meet with Xale."
His wife sighed.
"You're right, but I wasn't fully trained at that point, Dash."
"You could go with Nomi and make sure nothing happens to her, Dash," Luke tried to calm things down.
"And what about our children?" The former mercenary asked. "Leebo recharges and can't take care of them."
"Then take them with you. Your sons will find it very interesting on a Star Destroyer," the Jedi suggested.
"Do you think that's a good idea?" Nomi asked doubtfully.
"Yes, Nomi," he replied. "Why are you hesitating? Commander Xale has sworn an oath to the New Republic. Believe me, you can trust him."
Rendar shook his head.
"I don't know, Luke...once an Imp, always an Imp."
His wife nudged him.
"If you hadn't been kicked out of the academy, you would have become an Imp, darling."
Dash looked at her in dismay.
"Then my brother's accidental death at least had something good."
He stood up, went to the small dresser next to the bedroom door and pulled out his blaster. Then he checked the weapon and holstered it.
"Just in case Commander Xale plays both sides of the fence," Dash said before turning towards the children's room. "Junior! Corran! Biggs! C'mon, children, let's go on a little fun trip!"
The triplets ran out of their room as fast as their little feet would carry them. They jumped around cheering while their mother got their sister out of the crib.
"Let's go," Dash went to the door. "We'll take the Outrider. Will you come with us, Luke?"
Skywalker shook his head.
"No, I have to go to my sister."

Together they walked through the large hallway lined with Ch'hala trees. Halfway there, Luke said goodbye to them and went to his sister's quarters.
The family continued to the hangar where the Outrider was standing. Dash had taken the lead. Suddenly he stopped and turned to his wife.
"Are you sure you want to board the Jedi Hope?"
Nomi nodded.
"All right then," he sighed. "I hope you know what you're doing, Nomi."
Eventually they reached the hangar, where Dash's Outrider and Nomi's Aquarius stood side by side.
The former mercenary, followed by his family, went to the YT-2400 and entered the access code. The ramp slowly lowered. With a slight bow and a sweeping gesture, he invited his wife and sons aboard his freighter.
"After you. You know the way."
Laughing, Nomi walked up the ramp and entered the Outrider, followed by her sons and husband. After buckling up the children, she went into the cockpit, sat in the co-pilot's seat and buckled herself up too. Dash had already done the pre-flight check and warmed up the engine. Shortly afterwards, they took off at half repulsor power and left the Imperial Palace hangar.