Chapter 98 - Final Confrontation

A few days later, Nomi came up with a plan to escape.
Her father hadn't been seen since their last meeting and hadn't let her be brought to him either.

Nomi knew she couldn't influence her father with a Jedi mind trick, but with ordinary stormtroopers it would work.
She stood up carefully, putting weight on her injured leg. The Jedi gritted her teeth as she felt a sharp pain. When she realized that her leg hurt but it could support her weight, Nomi smiled. Yes, it could work like that.

Her father had stationed two stormtroopers outside her cell, and she focused on their minds. On Algarian she had already manipulated several minds at once. So why wouldn't it work for these two?
She closed her eyes, concentrated, and reached out with the Force to touch the troopers' minds.
"You are tired from guard duty and would like to get some rest. Come to the cell, you can lie down there."
At first nothing happened, but then the door hissed open and the two who were supposed to be standing guard entered.
The Jedi could have danced for joy. It worked. But she couldn't let her joy distract her or she would lose control of the stormtroopers' minds.
"Yes, you are terribly tired and only want one thing – sleep," she continued to influence them and make them her puppets on a string.
The stormtroopers removed their helmets and yawned as they approached the cot. There they lay down, closed their eyes and quickly fell asleep.
After one last look at the sleeping troopers, Nomi left the cell and locked the door behind her.
The young woman hoped that no one would notice her disappearance so quickly. She slowly moved towards her destination, the Star Destroyer's main hangar.

Along the way, she managed to influence the minds of the crew members she encountered in the hallways so that they didn't notice her. Her leg was hurting badly, but there wasn't time to worry about it.
It wasn't easy even for her to find the way, but eventually she saw the main hangar ahead. Freedom was within her reach when she sensed danger.
The young woman turned around and looked at her father, who was standing there.
"You can't escape me so easily, my daughter. You will have to fight for your freedom. If you can defeat me in battle, I will let you go."
At the same moment he activated his lightsaber and the green blade came to life with a hiss, before he threw her lightsaber to her.
His daughter caught the weapon in midair but didn't activate it.
"You could have killed me, father. Why didn't you do it?"
"I am a warrior, not a cowardly murderer, Nomi."
For the first time, Ulic had addressed his daughter by her name and she wondered what that meant.
"Come on, Nomi, show me what you learned from your so-called Jedi Master," her father said, swinging his activated lightsaber back and forth.
His attack came in a flash, but Nomi activated her own lightsaber at the same moment and parried the attack. The blades clashed and sparks flew.
Bel-Baal easily managed to Force leap over his daughter and land behind her. As fast as lightning, Nomi turned around and blocked the blow aimed at her arm that wielded the lightsaber.
"You've learned a lot, Nomi," her father remarked before attacking again.
The Jedi didn't answer, instead concentrating on defending herself. She fought not only for her freedom, but also for her husband's life and that of Luke.
With a quick succession of blows, Nomi finally managed to corner her father. It seemed as if she had gained the upper hand.
"Let me go, father," she demanded, panting.
Ulic shook his head and Force pushed his daughter, who stumbled backwards. Then he attacked her mercilessly.
The pain in the Jedi's leg was getting worse, but she couldn't and wouldn't give up.
Still, she defended herself as best she could. The air around them crackled with electrical discharges as their blades clashed again and again.
Nomi wondered why her father didn't use the dark side to defeat her like he did on Algarian.
Finally, they stood so close to each other, their lightsabers locked, that no one could strike. Nomi's father was breathing heavily.
"Give up and let me go,father," the young woman demanded again.
"Never!"
Bel-Baal kicked her, her injured leg gave way and she fell. He looked down at her.
"Get up and fight, Nomi. You won't give up so easily, will you?"
His daughter struggled to get up but eventually managed. Her broken leg hurt even more now, but she gritted her teeth and attacked her father with a fierce strike. Bel-Baal easily fended off the attack and counterattacked.
Nomi's strength slowly weakened. Her defense slowed and attacking became almost unthinkable. Ulic's blows followed in quick succession.