Chapter 85 - Shocking News

The week on Tatooine had passed quickly.
As promised, Nomi and Dash had visited Kustan and his family the night before they left. It was nice talking about the old days, but the young Jedi was glad that she and Kustan broke up back then.

The next morning they packed their things. Nomi looked around her old room and smiled. There were so many good memories.
"We can visit your parents again whenever you want, darling," Dash said, hugging his wife from behind.
Nomi leaned her head against his chest before turning and looking up at him.
"I'm glad I now know the truth."
Rendar leaned towards her and kissed her.
"It's always good to know the truth, even if it hurts."
Then he released her and closed the last bag.
When they left the room, Nomi's parents were waiting for them. Silya carried her youngest grandchild and the triplets stood next to their grandfather. Leebo took the bags and brought them aboard the family landspeeder.
"Your stay here was far too short," Silya Darklighter said, handing Tasherit to her mother.
"I know, but we'll visit you and Papa again as soon as possible, Mama," Nomi replied, smiling.
Dash Jr. and Biggs took their grandfather's hands while Corran took his grandmother's hand. Then they went outside to where the landspeeder was parked.
Shortly thereafter they were on their way to Mos Eisley.

On the drive everyone seemed to be lost in their own thoughts. Even the triplets were silent. Finally they had reached their destination and Jula Darklighter stopped the family landspeeder in front of the docking bay.
After they left the speeder, Silya hugged her daughter.
"Take care, Nomi," she said.
"I will, Mama," the young woman replied before kissing her mother's cheek.
It was difficult for Nomi to say goodbye.
"Have a good flight," her father said, patting Dash on the shoulder before kissing Tasherit who was in her father's arms.
"I'll take care of it, I promise, Jula," the former mercenary replied with a smile.
Dash's father-in-law returned the smile before leaning towards the triplets standing next to them.
"Be good boys and don't annoy your parents."
Dash Jr., Biggs and Corran giggled and made their way to the Outrider where Leebo was standing at the base of the ramp. There they turned and waved goodbye to their grandparents. Then the three boys walked up the ramp and entered the freighter, followed by Leebo.
"I love you, Papa," Nomi said as she hugged her father.
Hearing this, Jula Darklighter smiled and kissed his adopted daughter's cheek.
The young Jedi released her father, motioned to Dash and together they made their way to the Outrider, walked up the ramp and entered the ship.
After closing the hatch, Dash went into the cockpit after handing Tasherit over to his wife. There, he sat in the pilot's seat, plotting a course for Anoat before starting the engines and taking off.
Meanwhile, Nomi went to the children's bunk to put her daughter in the crib. After making sure the triplets were securely strapped in, she headed into the cockpit. There she sat in the copilot's seat and stared out the window until they jumped into hyperspace. As the stars turned into the eerie light of hyperspace, Nomi stood and walked to the bunk, followed by her husband, who had engaged the autopilot.

After a long and uneventful return trip, Dash and Nomi were woken up by the signal telling them they were about to reach their destination. Rendar smiled at his wife and kissed her.
"Thank you for the wonderful night, darling," he said, brushing a strand of hair away from Nomi's face.
The young woman smiled as she traced her husband's muscles with her fingertips.
"I have to thank you, Dash," she replied before getting out of bed and entering the small bathroom to take a shower, followed by Rendar.
It didn't take long for the couple to shower, dry off and get dressed.
They walked hand in hand into the cockpit, knowing full well that Leebo would take care of the children when they landed.
"Activate the deflector shields, honey," Dash said after strapping in and before pulling the lever that would deactivate the hyperdrive.
His wife did as she was asked, and shortly thereafter, they entered real space and saw Anoat in front of them. Nomi picked up the comm and activated it.
"Ground control, this is the Outrider requesting permission to land," she said, pushing the transponder button. "I'm sending the codes now."
It took a moment for the answer to come.
"Ground control to Outrider, you're cleared to land. Welcome back."
"Thank you, ground control."
Dash steered the freighter into the assigned approach sector and a few minutes later landed on an empty landing pad.
"Home sweet home," he said wryly as he turned off the engines.
"We've been in worse places, Dash," his wife said, laughing, unbuckling her seat belt and exiting the cockpit to pick up their children.
Minutes later, the whole family left the Outrider and went to their quarters.

As soon as they closed the door, Dash pulled a small case out of his pocket.
"Close your eyes, darling. I've a surprise for you."
After closing her eyes, Nomi heard a click before her husband took her hand and placed a ring on her finger. She opened her eyes and looked at the jewel.
In the setting of the ring was a Corusca gem, even more beautiful than the one she had used to build her lightsaber.
"I bought it in Bestine and I hope you like it," her husband said, hugging and kissing her.
"The ring looks wonderful. Thank you, darling."
"Only the best for my beloved wife," Dash Rendar said smiling before kissing Nomi deeply.