Chapter 112 - Homecoming

After several hyperspace jumps, the Jedi Hope reached Coruscant's orbit.
As Nomi and Dash entered the Star Destroyer's main hangar, Commander Xale was waiting there to say goodbye to all the pilots.
The former Imperial officer allowed himself a smile when he saw the couple. He walked over to them.
"I wish you could stay on board," he began. "But I know you must return to your children and your duties here, Commander Darklighter... Major Rendar. I hope this isn't goodbye forever."
Nomi smiled at the commander.
"We will see what the future holds for us, Commander. Take good care of the Jedi Hope. Until our paths cross."
The Jedi put on her helmet and climbed the ladder to get into her X-wing.
"I have to admit that I couldn't believe that you would wholeheartedly serve the New Republic, but the past mission convinced me, Commander," Dash said, holding out his hand.
Xale took the hand offered to him with a firm grip.
"I'm glad you no longer distrust me, Major Rendar."
Then he let go of Dash's hand and walked over to Wedge Antilles, who was about to get into his fighter.
It didn't take long until the commander of the Jedi Hope had spoken to all the pilots and they were ready to fly back. One by one they flew through the magcon field and made their way to the planet's surface.

After landing, Nomi and Dash left the Imperial Palace. Outside, the former mercenary took his wife by the hand and pulled her with him.
"C'mon, Nomi, I want to show you where I was born and raised."
"Does it have to be now, Dash? Wouldn't it be better if we go to our children first?"
Her husband laughed and gave her a kiss.
"Our children are in good hands with Luke and Gista. C'mon, it's not far," Rendar said, smiling.
"Ok, Dash," Nomi replied, realizing it was important to him.
It didn't take long until they found themselves in front of a large, pyramid-shaped building. The entrance door still bore the Imperial seal that had been placed after the family's banishment. The name Rendar was barely decipherable.
Nomi stood almost in awe in front of the house where her husband was born.
"Well, Nomi, how do you like it?"
"It's huge. Your family must have been very rich."
The Jedi touched the Imperial seal and broke it. Her husband nodded and smiled seeing her action.
"Yes, we were one of the richest families in Coruscant until the Emperor took everything from us. But that's in the past, darling. Let's see if the access code hasn't been changed."
He entered a combination of numbers and letters before the door slowly hissed open. Rendar entered, followed by his wife.
After turning on the lights, they were greeted by dust and destruction.
"I didn't think it was that bad," Dash muttered. "The Imps did a great job back then."
"I'm so sorry," Nomi said, touching his arm lightly.
Her husband shrugged.
"There's no way to change what happened."
Dash bent down and picked up a small holoprojector that wasn't destroyed. He showed it to Nomi before he activated the device. A bluish image of a couple with two boys appeared. All four of them smiled.
"My parents and my older brother," he said with sadness in his voice. "It still hurts."
The Rogue Squadron pilot deactivated the holoprojector and pocketed it.
"They would have liked you, Nomi."
"I would have liked to have met them."
His wife smiled at him.
"There's nothing of value left here," Dash said, turning towards the door. "We should go and get Tasherit."
Followed by Nomi, he left the Rendar estate and locked the door.

Back on the road, Dash called a speeder taxi and they drove to Gista Topol. They kept the taxi driver, a Weequay, waiting because it wouldn't take long.
When the couple knocked on the door, it didn't take long for the young woman with Tasherit in her arms to open the door.
"I was already expecting you after I heard about the successful mission," Gista said with a smile. "Congratulations on that."
"Thank you, Gista, and thank you for taking care of Tasherit," Nomi replied.
Tasherit reached out to her father as Gista laughed.
"It's always a pleasure to have your daughter here. She gets along wonderfully with my Niobe."
Rendar took his little darling in his arms and kissed her lovingly. The baby cuddled up to her proud father.
After saying goodbye to Gista, they left and got into the waiting taxi that took them to the former Imperial Palace.
Luke Skywalker and the triplets were already waiting for them at the large entrance gate. The little ones ran towards them cheering. Nomi leaned down and hugged them. Then she heard her friend's voice in her head.
"I need to talk to you, Nomi."
The young woman looked at him annoyed.
"Does it have to be now, Luke?" She asked him in the Force.
"Yes, it has to be," said her Jedi Master, looking at her with a piercing gaze.
Nomi stood up and picked up Dash Jr. in her arms.
"Okay, Luke, but first I'll take the children to our quarters with Dash."
Skywalker nodded.
"Well, I'll expect you in my quarters in 20 minutes."

After placing Tasherit in her crib, Nomi went into the living room where her husband was sitting on the floor playing with his sons. As she walked to the door he looked up.
"Where are you going, darling?"
The Jedi turned to him.
"I have to go to Luke, Dash. He asked me to do this earlier."
"I would prefer if you and Luke talked to each other like normal people when I'm around." Dash looked at her angrily. "Our children are already starting to do this too. It's really not easy being the only non-Force-sensitive person in the family."
Nomi walked up to him, kissed him and gently stroked his neck.
"You've other talents. But I really have to go now. My Jedi Master values punctuality."
She gave him another kiss before she went to the door, opened it and made her way to Luke.

When she reached Luke's quarters, he was already waiting for her at the door. "Come in, Nomi."
He put his arm around her shoulders and led his friend to the small couch that was in his living room.
"Please take a seat."
She followed his request and he sat down in an armchair opposite her.
"I need to talk to you, Nomi," Skywalker began. "If you continue like this, you will fall victim to the dark side. During the mission on Lip'a'rii II you used the Force to attack. Weren't you listening to me? A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack. If you don't abide by what I teach, you will suffer the same fate as our fathers. Do you want that, Nomi?"
"No, of course not, Luke," the young woman replied.
Her childhood friend stood up.
"Starting tomorrow, we will intensify your training and you will forgo such adventures as the Jedi Hope mission in the future. Do you understand?"
"Yes I understand. But I'm an Alliance commander and I have to follow orders."
"There are no buts, Nomi. First and foremost, you are a Jedi and must follow the orders of your Jedi Master."
Nomi also stood up and bowed slightly.
"Yes, Master Skywalker," she said halfheartedly, causing her friend to frown.
"Come to me with your sons tomorrow morning after breakfast," Luke said as he walked her to the door.
"I will, Luke."
Then she went back to her quarters.
She knew she was in a dilemma when it came to her duties as an officer and her duties as a Jedi. But there was no way to change that.