Chapter 91 - Relocation

For the next two standard days, the whole base was bustling with activity. There was a lot to organize. After all, moving the equipment and all the personnel from a base of this size was no easy task.

The news they got from Coruscant didn't sound good. Everyone was aware that they would come to a pestilential and partially destroyed planet. The alien inhabitants of Coruscant died by the thousands from the Krytos plague. Bacta supplies were insufficient to treat all patients and new Bacta was difficult to obtain.
There were already voices on Coruscant stating that the aliens have had a better life under Imperial rule than they do now under the Rebels.
The fact that Ysanne Isard has still not been caught would not make the new beginning for the galaxy any easier.
But that wasn't the only thing that particularly worried Nomi and Dash. Much to their dismay, there was still no sign of Corran Horn, who had been missing since the final battle for the capital planet.

Nomi had to cut short her training with Luke for the time being and wondered if they could start again on Coruscant.
She had packed most of their belongings and made the short walk to her childhood friend's quarters to say goodbye as he would be traveling to Coruscant later. Skywalker opened the door even before she knocked. He smiled at the young woman standing in front of him.
"So it's time to say goodbye? Come in, Nomi," he said, making room for her. "There's still time for a mug of tea."
"Yes, Luke, we'll be leaving shortly," the young Jedi replied as she entered and walked over to the small table, where two mugs of steaming tea were placed.
She sat down, took one of the mugs, cupped it in her hands and blew into the hot liquid.
Luke sat across from her after closing the door. He took a sip of tea and leaned back.
"So that will be your last hours here on Anoat," he said after swallowing the hot liquid. "We'll resume your training once I've arrived on Coruscant as well. You've made great strides and I'm sure you can resist the dark side wherever you meet it."
Nomi also took a sip of tea.
"Thank you, Luke. You are a good teacher my friend."
Skywalker smiled at her at the compliment.
After that, they sat in silence, each with their own thoughts.
When Nomi had taken the last sip of tea, she stood up.
"I have to go now. Dash will be waiting for me."
Luke stood up as well and hugged his childhood friend.
"I wish you and your family a safe journey and may the Force be with you."
Then he let go of Nomi and the young woman left.

In fact, when Nomi returned to their quarters, Dash was already waiting for her there.
"Everything is packed and Leebo is bringing everything aboard the Outrider, darling. It's better to take my ship than to travel aboard a troop transport," he said after kissing his wife.
"And what about the Aquarius?"
Dash smiled at her.
"Your beloved ship is already brought aboard a Nebulon-B frigate. I thought you'd be okay with that."
Nomi wondered if it wouldn't be better to sell the good old Aquarius. What are they supposed to do in their restless lives with two freighters?
"We should sell my freighter," she voiced her thoughts.
"You want to sell the Aquarius? I thought you were attached to the ship."
Rendar stared at his wife in surprise. He had never expected that she would want to sell the YT-1300.
"Yes, I'm attached to the old girl," Nomi replied. "But what do we do with two ships?"
Her husband raised an eyebrow.
"What do we do with two ships? You're not seriously asking that, are you? Nomi, there won't be war forever and then we'll need a livelihood. The Alliance will no longer need our services. We can start a small transport company with the two freighters."
Now it was Nomi's turn to stare at her husband. That didn't sound like the Dash Rendar she had known and loved for years. Also, she wasn't sure if the Alliance wouldn't need their services in the future. At the very least, they would need her Jedi skills.
Dash looked at her expectantly.
"All right, I'll think about it again," his wife finally relented.
Hearing this, her husband breathed a sigh of relief and went into the small bedroom of their quarters to pick up Tasherit.

Dash Rendar was no longer in pain and his injuries sustained during Bel-Baal's attack on Algarian were almost healed. He only occasionally felt a slight pang or tug when he made a wrong move.
Followed by the triplets, they made their way to the landing pad where the Outrider was standing. Leebo stood at the foot of the ramp.
"Everything is aboard, Dash," the droid said in his mechanical voice, before walking up the ramp and entering the YT-2400.
"I didn't expect anything else," Dash said as they followed Leebo.
Just as Nomi was about to walk past the droid to take her children to the bunk, he spoke to her.
"Shall I take care of the little ones or do you want to deactivate me, Nomi?"
The young woman smiled, remembering the times she had deactivated Dash's trusty droid companion when she wanted to spend private time alone with her husband while flying in hyperspace.
"No, Leebo, not this time," she replied, suppressing a laugh. "After all, it's not a pleasure trip."
Dash heard the brief conversation and chimed in.
"Well, unfortunately, Nomi is right. This is a pity. It would be an opportunity to see if I have fully recovered. This is just a postponed pleasure. We can also do the test on Coruscant."
He winked at his wife, who laughed.
"I know exactly what you're trying to test, love," Nomi said before kissing him.
Leebo aimed his photoreceptor first at Nomi and then at Dash.
"Sometimes I really don't understand human behavior."
He then took Tasherit from Dash's arms and led the triplets to their bunk in the stern of the ship, carrying the little girl.

After Leebo left with the children, Nomi and Dash went into the cockpit. There, the former mercenary took the pilot's seat while his wife took the co-pilot's seat. They both buckled up before Dash did a quick pre-flight check. Then he looked over at Nomi.
"Ready to take off, honey?"
The Jedi nodded.
"Ready to take off. The course to Coruscant is set," she answered.
"Then let's go." He turned his attention back to the console. "Full power to the repulsors."
Shortly thereafter, the Outrider took off and ascended into Anoat's orbit.
There they joined the rest of the fleet. After all ships were in orbit, General Madine gave the order to head for the jump point. It wasn't long before each ship had left the planet's gravitational influence and made the jump into hyperspace.