Chapter 105 - A little Normality in Times of War

It seemed as if the late Emperor had given up on influencing Nomi and her children.
Since the incident in the throne room that almost ended in Luke's death, two weeks had passed in which nothing important had happened.
The Jedi had made great progress in her training and Luke was very pleased with her. Through daily meditation exercises, she was calmer and more balanced than ever before in her life.

Nomi had just finished her meditation when Dash entered the living room. He went to his wife and gave her a kiss after she opened her eyes.
"There's some interesting news, darling," he began, sitting down on the couch next to Nomi, who was sitting cross-legged. "After some misunderstandings and difficulties, Han and Leia will finally tie the knot."
"It's about time," Nomi replied.
"We're invited to attend the ceremony," her husband continued.
"When will it take place?"
"Today at 1700 and afterward there will be a reception at the Alderaan Embassy. A dress uniform is required," Dash answered his wife's question.
"A little short notice."
But the Jedi smiled at the thought of having a little normality.

As they dressed for the wedding that evening, the triplets stood in the bedroom and watched their parents.
"Why can't we go with you?" Dash Jr. asked.
His father went to eye level.
"Because you would quickly get bored and then start whining, Junior. I want to enjoy this event with your mother," he began, trying to explain his decision to his sons. "And the reception at the embassy afterwards would be even more boring for you. Besides, you're not invited, kids. Leebo will entertain the three of you until you go to bed."
Dash stood up and straightened his dress uniform while his sons pouted.
Nomi closed the last button of her uniform jacket and smiled at her husband.
"We can go now, darling," she said, before turning her attention to the boys. "I expect you to be good and follow Leebo's orders. Understood?"
Her sons nodded, still pouting.
After leaving their children in the droid's care, Dash and Nomi left their quarters and headed to the location where the wedding would take place.

When they entered the reception room in the former Imperial Palace, the members of Rogue Squadron were already assembled. Although they were no longer officially part of the squadron, the two went to their comrades and stood in formation.
More and more guests came. Among them were military officers, senators and diplomats.
The moment the bride and groom entered the reception room, whispers could be heard and the Rogue Squadron members snapped into attention. Leia looked stunning in her wedding dress.
A very beautiful and touching ceremony followed.
As Han and Leia took each other's hands to exchange their wedding vows, Dash nudged his wife.
"Would you like to have had such a beautiful wedding, darling?"
He whispered in her ear.
"Oh, Dash," Nomi whispered back. "Our wedding ceremony on Endor was beautiful. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way."
Dash smiled at her. She wrapped an arm around his waist and leaned her head on his shoulder. As Han and Leia exchanged vows one by one, Rendar stroked his wife's hand that rested on his hip and quietly repeated the words.
Nomi thought that for her and her husband at the time, it wasn't a meaningless formula that they simply repeated. In the relatively short time of their marriage, both had been tested as to whether they were serious about their vows.
"I love you, Nomi," Dash whispered tenderly in his wife's ear.
She turned her head, looked into his eyes and smiled at him.
"I know."

Following the ceremony, a grand reception was held at the Alderaan Embassy. To Nomi's great surprise, she discovered her old friend Tarik among the guests. After the Battle of Endor, their paths had separated.
Laughing, she ran towards the large winged alien and ignored the astonished looks of the other guests.
"Tarik!"
Her former comrade spread his arms and flapped his short wings excitedly, creating a bit of wind. Nomi heard his chirping laugh as he caught her.
"Nomi," Tarik said happily. "It's nice to see you again. How are your husband and sons?"
"Dash and the boys are fine, my friend," she paused for a moment before continuing. "We have had another family member for five months."
Tarik looked at her questioningly with his large, dark eyes.
"Yes, Dash and I have a daughter. Her name is Tasherit."
"But you didn't want any more children before the end of the war, Nomi."
The young woman nodded.
"You're right, but Dash kept talking to me until I gave in. You know him and his stubbornness."
When her old friend heard this, he laughed his chirpy laugh.
"You must have changed a lot, Nomi, if you gave in to your husband so quickly."
Then he held his friend at arm's length and looked at her closely. When his eyes fell on the lightsaber hanging from her belt, he looked at her in surprise.
"You're a Jedi?"
Dash had now come up behind his wife, bowed his head in greeting to Tarik and placed his hands on Nomi's shoulders.
"I was surprised too, but yes, my wife is a Jedi."
He leaned forward and touched his lips to his wife's right shoulder.
"And I'm very proud of her," he continued. "But why are you here, Tarik? I can't imagine you only came for the wedding."
Nomi had already asked herself the same question. Tarik had never been close to Han and Leia. He had been only a lieutenant in the Alliance and had taken leave shortly after the Battle of Endor to return to his homeworld in the Outer Rim.
"I am Sitti'cus'a IV's new ambassador to the New Republic," the winged alien replied proudly.
Now it was Nomi and Dash's turn to be surprised.
That evening the three friends had a great time talking about what happened after they last saw each other while enjoying an exquisite buffet and drinks.
So it wasn't surprising that they were almost the last to leave the reception.
It was very late when Nomi and Dash entered their quarters in the former Imperial Palace. The children were already asleep and Leebo went to the charging station when he realized that his service was no longer necessary as the parents were back.

Nomi yawned and went to the bathroom to prepare for the night. It wasn't long before she returned to the bedroom where she slipped under the covers while her husband also went into the bathroom to prepare for the night.
The Jedi smiled as Dash came into the bedroom after taking a shower with a towel around his waist. He dropped the towel, lay down in bed next to his wife, took her in his arms and pulled the blanket over him.
"Isn't it amazing what we've all become, darling? You're a Jedi, Tarik is an ambassador..." Dash began, but was interrupted by his wife, who gave him a kiss.
"And you've become a wonderful husband and father, Dash."
Shortly afterwards they fell asleep.