Chapter 101 - Training Session

Two standard weeks had passed since Ulic Bel-Baal's death and life was returning to normal.

Nomi had barely known the man who was her father and they never had the chance to develop a real relationship, but she was still sad. The young woman was sitting in a chair, lost in thought, Corran on her lap. She was looking at the red Mandalorian armor that had belonged to her father and given to her after his death, which she was now displaying on a mannequin, when there was a knock on the door.
Sensing her childhood friend, she used the Force to open the door and Luke Skywalker entered.
"Good morning, Nomi. Good morning, Corran," he said and continued without waiting for an answer. "What do you think, Nomi? Should we resume your Jedi training? I think you've neglected your exercises for far too long. Your leg is healed. So there is no longer any reason for you to be idle, my friend."
The Jedi nodded and placed her youngest son on the ground.
"Good morning, Luke," she said, smiling. "Yes, let's practice. I really need it. However, we have to take the children with us because Dash and Leebo aren't there."
Skywalker laughed.
"Your offspring won't bother us. It's also time for me to continue training the triplets. I've already found the ideal place for training," he paused for a moment before continuing. "It's the Emperor's throne room."
When Nomi heard this, she swallowed hard and gave her friend a horrified look.
"You can't be serious. Haven't you felt the shadows of the dark side lurking there?"
Her Jedi Master nodded his head.
"Yes, I felt it and that makes it an ideal place for our training."
Nomi frowned, wondering if Luke had lost his mind.
"But, Luke...," she began and was interrupted by him.
"There are no buts, Nomi. We'll train in the throne room," he said firmly. "It's an opportunity to see if you can resist the dark side."
His friend was still staring at him, thinking about it. She might be able to resist the temptations of the dark side, but what about her children? They would be with them in this haunted place.
"Why are you hesitating? Change your clothes and come with me."
Nomi finally stood up and went to the bedroom, where she changed into her black training clothes. As she left the bedroom, she hooked the lightsaber to her belt. She called her sons and took Tasherit from her crib. Luke came towards her and held out his hands.
"Give me your little princess, Nomi."
The Jedi handed him the baby and the young man held it carefully and tenderly in his arms. Tasherit smiled at him, chuckled, and stuck a thumb in her mouth. Luke then turned around, opened the door with the Force and left the room, followed by Nomi and the triplets.

They slowly made their way to the throne room. When they had reached their destination, Luke turned to Nomi.
"Open the door, Nomi."
His friend stepped forward, took a deep breath, and opened one side of the large double doors. As soon as the door opened, the triplets pushed past their mother into the huge throne room, which was dimly lit.
Nomi and Luke followed them, closing the door behind them.
As before, the young woman was almost overwhelmed by the shadows of the Emperor's dark presence. But this time there was also an unbearable pain throbbing in her head. She looked at her children and Skywalker. They didn't seem to notice anything.
The triplets ran around before climbing up the steps leading to the dais with the throne. Without hesitation, they seized the chair that once belonged to the Emperor.
Luke watched Nomi carefully and the look on her face told him something was wrong. He opened the clasp of his cloak with one hand and let it slide to the floor before laying Tasherit on it.
"You need to shield your mind, Nomi. Use the techniques I taught you."
He approached her after covering his friend's daughter with his cloak.
"Have you forgotten everything I taught you, Nomi?"
The young woman shook her head.
"No, Luke, I haven't forgotten anything. I'll try to shield my mind," she replied.
At that moment she knew that was the wrong answer, but she couldn't take it back.
"Do or do not. There is no try," Skywalker quoted Master Yoda. "What's wrong with you? I feel like you're scared."
"Dammit, Luke, I'm not scared! I fear nothing and no one!"
There was a subtle change in the woman's expression, but it escaped the attention of her childhood friend.
Corran hurried down the steps of the dais, running towards his mother and looking at her with wide eyes.
"Why are you so mad at Luke, Mama?"
But instead of answering, the boy was pushed aside by his mother.
"Leave me alone, Corran, and go to your siblings!"
Luke grabbed her arm while Corran stood a safe distance away.
"What are you doing, Nomi?"