Chapter 54 - Traveling Plans

Several weeks had passed since the Avenger II incident and life on the base was back to normal.

Luke, Leia, Han and Chewbacca had returned from Cloud City. They brought bad news about a new threat to the Alliance. A three-eyed mutant named Trioculus claimed to be the late Emperor's son. The mutant was in possession of Darth Vader's glove. According to a prophecy of the Prophets of the Dark Side, whoever wears this glove will become the new Emperor. It was clear that this wasn't a mission for common pilots or soldiers. And so Nomi and Dash were able to enjoy some downtime.

Nomi Darklighter was in their quarters taking care of the triplets while Dash went out for drinks with Wedge. Both men had put their issues to rest after the former mercenary saved the commander's life.
She was pleased with the development and smiled as she laid Corran next to his brothers. It wasn't the crate they had previously used as the crib, but the crib that Wedge had built as promised. The three boys were already showing a keen interest in their surroundings. Dash had built them a small mobile with X-wings hanging over their crib. If it moved, the children followed it with fascinated eyes. Their father said that they would definitely become as good pilots as their parents.
The young mother sat down on a chair and began to sing a lullaby that her mother sang to her as a child. It seemed like the babies liked to hear their mother sing. Finally they fell asleep.
Nomi rose from the chair and made her way over to the couch on soft feet, picked up a datapad and began to read.

A few hours later, Dash came back in a good mood. He smiled at his wife, walked over to the couch where she was sitting and kissed her. Then he sat down at her side and stretched out his legs. Nomi put down the datapad and rested her head on his shoulder.
Dash wasn't drunk, having had just a glass of Corellian ale, but he was having a good chat with Wedge and during the conversation an idea struck him. Now he really wanted to tell his wife about it.
"I have a wonderful idea. What do you think about leaving our sons in Leebo's care and spending a standard week on Corellia? One week it will be just you and me. Wouldn't that be nice?"
Spending a week alone with Dash was a tempting idea. But why does it have to be Corellia? He must have lost his mind. Were the first thoughts that came to Nomi's mind.
"Corellia? You must be crazy, Dash," she finally said. "Don't you remember the day our children were born? Corellia is still under Imperial control. Have you forgotten that my wanted poster is on all Imperial worlds?"

Her husband smiled.
"I haven't forgotten, darling, and planned everything. We don't use the Outrider or the Aquarius for the flight. Admiral Ackbar provides us with the Imperial shuttle used for the assault team on Endor. With a fake ship ID, landing on Corellia shouldn't be a problem. I also considered using fake IDs for both of us. We will travel as Imperial Commander Ors Raviul and his lovely wife Xala. Also, no one will pay much attention to a Commander of the Empire traveling with his pregnant wife. Please agree, honey."
Nomi recalled with horror the fiasco with the Aquarius' fake ship ID during her mission with Wedge Antilles. She hadn't told Dash about this and therefore had no reason to reject his plan.
"Ok, Dash, let's fly to Corellia," she finally said. "When will we take off?"
Rendar rose from the couch and kissed her on the cheek.
"We can go now, honey. Everything is prepared for our departure."
Nomi looked at him in astonishment.
"How did you know I would agree, Dash?"
Her husband winked at her and held out his hand.
"I knew that you couldn't resist the prospect of spending time alone with me. But we should go now."
The young woman laughed, took the offered hand and stood up. Together they walked over to the crib and said goodbye to their offspring. Leebo was already there preparing the bottles.
"I will take good care of them because Dash said I have to," the droid said in his mechanical voice.
"I know you will," Nomi said, smiling at Leebo.
Then Nomi and Dash made their way to the hangar where the Lambda-class shuttle Tydirium was parked.

After they boarded the shuttle, Dash made his way to the rear, where he changed into an Imperial commander's uniform. It fitted very well, and his time at the Imperial Academy of Carida would make it easy for him to pose as an Imperial officer. Then he took the box with a gift for his wife that Leebo had brought on board.
As Dash entered the cockpit, Nomi had to admit that he looked good in the enemy's uniform.
Curious, she glanced at the box in his hands.
"I have a present for you," her husband said, handing her the box.
Nomi opened the box after taking it and smiled when she saw what was inside. It was a beautiful sea green gown made of shimmer silk.
"Oh Dash, it must have cost you a fortune," the young woman said, stroking the expensive fabric.
Dash Rendar smiled at the joy in his wife's eyes.
"It doesn't matter. The important thing is that you are happy. It must look gorgeous to your copper red hair and green eyes. I hope it fits. The merchant assured me it would still fit a woman five months pregnant. You should try it on."
Nomi didn't need to be told twice. She hurried to the shuttle's rear, stripped off her coverall, and put on the gown. It was a perfect fit.
When she returned to the cockpit, her husband whistled. She bowed playfully and spun around so he could see her from all sides.
"You look wonderful, sweetheart," Dash said with a loving look. "But now sit in the copilot's seat so we can take off."
Nomi complied with her husband's request and shortly thereafter Dash started the engines.
They slowly ascended into Dagobah's orbit and made their way to the jump point.
Minutes later they entered hyperspace and were on their way to Corellia.