S3-38: MONSTER

"What type of monster, kills their own parent." Viera says, looking at Enzo's body.

"The type who's humanity has been turned off." Josie walks into the abandoned building, her face meeting the others.

"I should've been in here with them." Alex looks down at Enzo, in sympathy.

"She's doing this, because she's scared of what's to come with her humanity. From what I remember a year ago, she told me she turned it off as soon as our friend died." Josie says, in hopes it'll help.

"What are you doing here, shouldn't you be somewhere safe?" Viera says, trying to find an answer from Josie.

"Kara called me, she knows a place I can stay to get away from Aliyah." Remembering what happened to her a year ago, Josie takes a deep breath, before walking out of the abandoned building.

_

A year ago*

The fall out of the last two friends who tried to help her turn her humanity back on, ended in sadness. Though no one died, Kara did end up in the hospital, and nearly died, fighting Aliyah.

Kara wasn't the only one who had an encounter with Aliyah, Josie did too. It started off as a warning that Josie didn't take, and soon ended up as a fight to the last one standing.

Unable to move, Josie finds herself in Aliyah's grasp, "You said you wanted to know why I turned it off, when you lose so many people that you care about, then you'll understand my pain. But to clear the fog, I turned it off when Shannon killed Maya, That last drop off Hope trickled out when her heart was ripped from her chest." Struggling in Aliyah's grip, Josie tries to move Aliyah's hands from her neck.

Pushing her sword through Aliyah's back, Kara stood in her hospital gown, taking the spelled sword out of Aliyah's body, as Josie Falls from her grip.

Coughing, Josie tries her best to get up from the ground, a gust of energy knocks Kara and Josie down, as Aliyah's eyes Glow purple.

"We've got to go now." Kara calls out to Josie, as she witnesses Aliyah's body floating in the air. "What's happening" the wind around them blowing excessively.

"Prism." Kara grabs Josie's hand, running away from Aliyah, getting to safety.

_

Present*

Sitting outside the abandoned building, Josie couldn't help but remember that moment, thinking back, she wondered if Aliyah really would've killed her.