S3-48: HUMANITY

After leaving the nurse's office, Aliyah found herself outside the school. All at once, her emotions came in. From Kara and Josie, to her dad and Landon, All Aliyah could feel was pain.

Standing there, taking it in, she remembered Shannon, Maya, and Alec. Slowly the air around her was thinning, unable to control her breathing, Aliyah cried uncontrollably.

_

Walking in the hallway, Landon stopped, seeing Hope. "Hope-" cutting him in annoyance, her anger grows, "Where's your friend?" She looks around.

"Can we just talk?" Landon says, in defeat.

"Fine. Let's talk about how I protect you from everything, and how I took the fall for her. " Hope defends.

"What are you talking about?" He says confused.

Walking closer to him, looking in his eyes, "I should've done this a long time ago, instead of pretending." She pauses, before continuing with undoing the mind compulsion, "Remember. Remember everything from a year ago. Remember Aliyah Bennett."

Backing away from her, flooding throughout his mind was memories, and sequences that happened a year ago, all the way to the point where Aliyah took his memories.

Trying to control his breathing, his body hit the wall, as he fell to his feet holding his head in pain.

Screaming in pain, more and more memories flooded his mind, stirring up emotions that he hadn't felt for a year. Subsiding, the pain slowly faded away.

Getting up from the wall, he took one last look at Hope, before leaving to find Aliyah.

_

Hiding in the shadows, Alex, Viera, and Isaac, were all in their subsequential places, waiting for the plan to commence.

They saw Aliyah coming out of the school, not getting a good look at her face, they waited for a que from Alex.

"Why is she just standing there?" Viera says in earpiece, waiting for Alex to reply.

"Let's just wait for something to happen." Alex replies, seeing Landon walking out of the school.

"You took a year of my memory, and didn't think to tell me?" Landon stood in front of Aliyah, seeing her state.

Gathering herself, Aliyah pushes past Landon, trying to leave, but he grabs her arm, turning her towards him.

"How was I supposed to tell you? I turned off my humanity, because I couldn't deal with the pain." She pulls away from him.

"Was it that You couldn't handle the pain or was it the guilt?" He takes a step closer to her, looking at her feeling a flow of emotions.

"How would you feel if you had to take the memories of someone you loved, to protect them, and on top of that, kill your closest friends." She looked at him, struggling to keep herself together.

"You didn't have to go through that alone." He reassures her, holding her hands.

"Landon-" Aliyah stops herself, seeing Landon cough up blood.

"Isaac!" Alex yells, coming from his spot, realizing the scene taking place.

Snatching Landon's heart from his back, Isaac takes a step back, holding Landon's heart in his hand.

Slowly falling to the ground, Landon's hands slip from Aliyah's, as his body hits the pavement.

"Landon!" Aliyah screams, looking at his lifeless body.

"Her humanity came on." Isaac cheers.

"Her humanity came on before you killed him." Alex says, looking at Aliyah, as she holds Landon's body.

Holding his body, fear falls over Aliyah, "You killed him." She cries