S5B-90: OLD FRIENDS, NEW MIND

One year later*

Sitting in the cafeteria, Aliyah sipped on her coffee, watching as Jason and Veronica trained. Sitting down next to her, Maya brushed up on her. "You're up early." Aliyah let's out, causing a smile to creep up on her face. "Well, I couldn't miss the breakfast special." After Maya's words left her mouth, silence filled the air between them. Putting the cup down on the breakfast table, Aliyah broke the silence, "Tell me the truth, Maya. What is it that you really want to talk about?" Aliyah turns her head, looking directly, into Maya's eyes.

"Your humanity. It's been a year, and so much has happened. Don't you think it's time to turn it on." Maya says, holding out on hope.

Slowly, reverting her eyes from Maya, Aliyah's sights land on Jason, as he passes by ignoring Aliyah's presence. "You think so?" Remembering what happened three months ago, Aliyah understood Maya's worries for her.

Three months ago*

Assigned to go on a mission by Mason, Jason, Aliyah and Jonathan were assigned to stop other rogue ShadowHunters from attaining a unknown resource in a crate.

Using her powers to lift the crate, Aliyah raised her hands, placing a purple forcefield around it, protecting the crate. "It's secure." She said out loud, as the device in her ear reached out to the boys. "Let's head back to the institute." Jonathan spoke through the device in their ears.

Getting ready to leave with the crate, Aliyah turns around seeing Landon and Alex. Dropping the crate with her telekinesis, Aliyah's hands drop to her side. "What are you doing here?"

"We're here to bring you home." Alex says, as his eyes glow red. "I don't have time for this." Aliyah says, in an annoyed manner. Holding her hand out, Aliyah uses her casting power through prism, trapping Alex in a purple box.

Banging on the walls of the purple box surrounding him, Alex demanded that he get's out. Laughing lightly, Aliyah watches Alex as his anger rises.

"Why are you doing this?" Landon finally let's out, as he stands next to Alex, who's stuck in the clear purple box.

Tickled by his words, Aliyah smiles. "It's fun." Not believing her words, Landon walks towards her, but Aliyah creates a purple wall, as a barrier to keep Landon away from her. "Did you forget that I can feel your emotions? I have control over when I want to feel them, but even now, I know how you really feel." Landon's words, cause the barrier to fall, including the box that surrounded Alex.

"I feel nothing." Aliyah tries to convince herself, but Landon breaks her confidence. "No. You feel guilty." Cracking like glass, the purple barrier around the box breaks.

On the inside, Aliyah could feel herself breaking in half, as her humanity was there, so was her emotionless self.

Reaching out his hand Landon, waited for Aliyah to go with him. Thoughtlessly walking towards him, Aliyah's body was tackled to the ground. "Aliyah, wake up! That's not Landon!" Jonathan yelled, trying to reach out to her.

"It got in her head!" Jonathan yelled out, as he held Aliyah's body in his arms. "Keep her down." Jason replied, as he fought with the demons, who looked liked Landon and Alex. Killing them with a single blow, Jason sighed, before walking over to Aliyah and Jonathan.

Seeing her shocked state, he closed his eyes tightly, in anger. "Let's get her back to the institute."

*Present

Looking down at the mug, Aliyah sighed knowing that she was now split, and the only person who could bring her back was someone she couldn't reach.