S4-74: BUTTERFLIES (SEASON FINALE)

Days passed, and shortly, things were starting to get back to normal. Landon was awake, and just like before, he believed Hope brought him back from limbo. Though he thought about it over and over again, he ignored the voice he heard when he was unconscious, thinking it was just a part of him being brought back.

He didn't question the new power he had, but he wondered where he got it from. Smiling, as Hope came towards him, he smiled in comfort, knowing nothing could ruin this moment, nothing was going to change.

_

Weeks later*

Alex broke up with Aliyah, not explaining to her why, leaving her alone to herself. After the breakup, she could feel herself slipping away. Though they tried everything they could, Melisa and Hayley knew it was too late. Soon, Hayley would have to leave, and Melisa had to find a new place for her and Aliyah before things got worse.

After a while, Hayley was gone, and it was just Melisa, and Aliyah. Holding onto Melisa's arm, Aliyah tries to keep herself up, Melisa holds Aliyah tightly, knowing she's gotten weak.

Walking into the new house, a weak smile forms on Aliyah's face. Putting her to sit on the couch, Melisa gives Aliyah a worried look.

"Mom, I'm fine." Aliyah says in a low voice. Staring at her, Melisa's eyes tear up. "Why are you crying?" Aliyah laughs lightly.

"That was the first time you called me that." Melisa wipes her tears away, then hugs Aliyah, "It's going to be okay." She reassures Aliyah. Pulling away from the hug, Melisa sees Aliyah unconscious, her hair changing from brunette to blond. Crying Melisa knew the final wave was coming shortly.

_

Standing outside of the facility, Alex stood against the railing, seeing purple butterflies in the sky, hinting Aliyah was changing. Breathing in and out, Alex tried to contain his anger, but failed. Letting his wolf side come out, screaming out, he knew he was angry with himself for ending things with Aliyah.

Stopping, he turns around seeing the person he was truly angry with. "Oh, please, don't stop on my accord." The man smiles, as two guys and a girl who look the same age as Alex, stood behind him. "This is what you wanted, isn't it?" Alex says angrily.

The man snickers, "This, yes. You breaking my daughters' heart, no." He smiles, Provoking Alex.

"You knew I had no other choice; you killed my father!" Alex yells.

"No. Your father couldn't handle the bite. He had a chance at greatness and chose death instead." The man growls.

"Mason." One of the guys behind him says, pointing at the sky, noticing that the purple butterflies were fading away.

Turning around to leave, Mason ignores Alex's presence. His eyes glowing red, Alex gets ready to attack Mason, but the girl grabs Alex's arm twisting it, breaking it.

Walking away in to the woods, they left Alex alone, as he screamed in pain. Looking up at the sky, he knew he was at fault for Aliyah's transition, he knew that the way he broke up with her was the reason of his faults now. 

His eyes watered, as a butterfly floated in front of him, showing a key memory that belonged to Aliyah. "She remembered when we first met." He cries out, looking at the butterfly as their memories together played out.

One by one each butterfly floated towards someone dear to Aliyah. from Alex, to Josie, Kara, Bonnie, Hayley, Melisa, and Hope. They all saw memories of themselves and Aliyah, though Kara, and Josie could barely remember her, they held onto the memories, until their butterflies popped, that's when their memories finally faded.

As for Bonnie, she got two memories, one for her, and the other for Enzo. She cried, happily, Knowing that Aliyah truly saw them as her parents.

The last butterfly was Landon's. Looking at it, he grew confused seeing Aliyah summon him, after that many more memories passed, until non were left, and once his butterfly popped, the memories he saw, failed to reach his mind, because they ceased to exist.

_

Watching as each butterfly faded, Mason grew angry. "They can have their little butterflies. Soon, Everything will fall into place, just like it should have in the beginning." He chuckled.

"After all, I have my children standing with me." He smiles, turning around, his eyes glow dark purple. "Jonathan, Jason, Veronica, we have a splendid year ahead of us." Mason smirks as he walks down from the peak in the woods, as they follow behind him.

Mason smiles to himself, as he pops the purple butterflies with no memory, "Butterflies"