S7-134: MIND OVER BODY

Reece opened the door, catching Claire's eyes. "Claire." He said almost annoyed. "Reece." She said, walking into the house with Simon behind her.

"Uncle Simon!" Matthew popped up out of his seat like a dog, almost running towards Simon. Following behind him, Olivia was ready to leave. "Let's go before the she-devil comes." Olivia's words cause everyone to laugh.

"The what?" Claire questioned with a smile. "She means Aliyah." Mel let out.

"I guess that lightened the mood." Aliyah stood in front of the bed room door, forcing all eyes to fall on her.

Her appearance made everyone shiver in fear. On the other hand, Simon and Claire were star struck, shocked to be exact.

"Claire, come on we have to-" Cutting Olivia off, Claire stared at Aliyah. "You're beautiful." Her eyes watered, and in a second she raced to Aliyah to hug her.

It took Aliyah a few seconds to realize who was hugging her. "Claire?" Her eyes watered, but her tears didn't fall.

4 months before Aliyah Revived Landon from Limbo*

"Mom, I don't get why we have to do this every year. Can't we just stay in?" Aliyah asked, as Bonnie grabbed both of their Jackets.

"You know this is tradition, we do it every year." Bonnie said, turned around, trying to get Aliyah out of the house.

"There's no one to do pumpkin carving with, and it's the middle of January." Aliyah added.

"So? You never know you could make a friend." Bonnie  fought back.

"I have friends."

"They're all out of town. Now, get up and come on." Bonnie threw Aliyah's Jacket at her, and turned to the door, finding Aliyah standing in front of her.

Holding her chest in fear, Bonnie tried to keep her guard up. "I thought we agreed no vampirism in the house."

Aliyah giggled at her Mother's state. "Oh, it's funny?" A smile formed on Bonnie's lips.

Nodding Yes, Aliyah smiled brightly. Grabbing her, Bonnie tickled her, as they laughed falling to the floor of the Bennett Cabin.

Later that day *

Carving the finishing touches on her pumpkin, Aliyah smiled softly.

"It looks good." A voice behind her sounded. Turning around, Aliyah saw a blonde headed woman smiling.

"Thanks." Aliyah said, keeping her distance.

"Claire." The woman held out her hand. "Aliyah Bennett." Aliyah shook the woman's hand, feeling a tingle during it.

Later, they let go and got to talking. "So, what brought you to the pumpkin patch?" Claire asked.

"See that woman over there talking to the guy in black?" Aliyah pointed at Bonnie as she talked to a random man. "Yeah." Claire responded back. "She's why. My mom always pushes me to do the best, and I love her for it." Aliyah's words cause Claire to fill with grief.

"She doesn't know that I know I'm adopted, I don't blame her for not telling me. " Aliyah added.

"I know the feeling." Claire said sadly.

"You do?" Aliyah questioned.

"My mom abandoned me and my siblings when we were younger. " Claire continued to speak, looking Aliyah in the eyes. "The youngest was first to go, and I wanted to protect her from this world, but failed." Claire turned away from Aliyah.

"What happened to her?" Aliyah asked. "She died." The crushing words left Claire's lips, and the tears fell along with her heart.

Resting her hand on Claire's back, Aliyah rubbing her back in reassurance.

A few seconds passed and Aliyah's hand stopped. Claire turned toward her, seeing Aliyah frozen.

"Aliyah?" She wiped her tears, staring at her sister, distraught.

"Claire." Simon said, patiently standing behind Claire. "What did you do?" Claire didn't look at him, placing her hand over Aliyah's.

"I froze the whole lot, we need to go." He said.

"No, I won't go back, I just found her." Claire demanded.

"I don't know who this girl is to you, but instantly I felt a strong power source coming from here. You being here will bring them to you." Simon explained.

"I don't care."

Simon sighed, "then I guess we'll have to do this the hard way."

-
Present Day *

"Get off of me." Aliyah pushed Claire away from her.

"See, this is why I said we should leave." Olivia said.

"Aliyah, I'm your sister. We're your family." Claire tried to stop Aliyah from hurting Olivia.

"I don't have a family." Her eyes stayed on Claire.

"Yes you do, your father is here." Claire's words confused everyone, but Reece.

"What are you talking about?" Jonathan asked.

"Me." Simon broke his silence, striding towards Aliyah and Claire.