S4-70: A PERSON LONG FORGOTTEN

"I don't understand, you're my mother, not Bonnie? Why did you leave me?" Aliyah says, as her, Melisa, and Hayley sat in the kitchen of the abandoned house. "I had no choice, but to leave you with her to protect you. Mason-" Cutting Melisa off, Aliyah confuses them. "Mason? As in Mason Kingston?" Looking at Hayley in confusion, Melisa continues.

"No, this is a different person, he was someone who wanted to take you away from me, and hurt you, as he did me." Melisa expression changes, as she remembers Simon. Quickly, she reformed her composer. "I made sure he couldn't get to you, so I erased all of your memories of me, and the shadow world." Melisa grips her mug, trying to calm herself.

Asking one more question, Aliyah causes Melisa to bite her tongue. "What are you?"

"Aliyah." Hayley says, giving Aliyah a stern look. "It's fine." Melisa says, before explaining her true nature. "I'm a Shadowhunter, and a caster, everything that I explained, must remain between us." Melisa says, easing her voice to a softer tone.

Getting up from her chair, Hayley grabs her jacket, grabbing her arm, Aliyah gives a worried expression. "Where are you going?" She asked, as her grip on Hayley was getting tighter. "Relax, I'm just getting us dinner. " Hayley removes Aliyah's hand from her arm. Getting up from her chair, Aliyah hugs Hayley, "Come back before the sun goes down, or I'll drag your ass back here myself." Aliyah says, causing Hayley to chuckle.

Pulling away from the hug, Hayley kissed Aliyah's forehead, before leaving.

"You see her as a mother, don't you?" Melisa says, watching Aliyah's demeanor change to a exasperate one. "I don't know what you're talking about." Aliyah lies. "You never saw Bonnie as a mother, and when Hayley came along, you stopped trying to be the daughter of Bonnie Bennett, so you decided to be the daughter of Hayley Marshall." Melisa taunts, without realizing it.

"So? What's your point?" Aliyah looks at Melisa, judging her.

"She has a daughter, and you know that." Melisa says, catching Aliyah in her trap. "You want to know what I know? You weren't a good mother, and you never will be." Aliyah snaps, hurting Melisa's feelings, leaving her in the house alone.

Sighing, Melisa knew she pushed her limits, thinking Aliyah would welcome her with open arms so easily.

_

"Are you sure this is it?" Alex said, looking down at his phone, as they walked in the woods of Ringwood.

The boys couldn't get through to Hope, so they found a way to track Aliyah's phone. The trip felt more like couples counseling for them, but that didn't stop them from finding Aliyah.

"Landon?" Turning around, Alex found a lost looking Landon, as if he didn't know who he was. "Landon, are you listening?" Alex questions him, walking a bit closer to him, but Landon takes a few steps back.

"Do I know you?" Landon says in a scared demeanor, causing Alex to worry.

"You don't remember me? You know, the guy you punched into oblivion?" He says, grabbing Landon's shoulder. Pushing Alex's arm off of him, Landon scrunches his face, "No, I don't, and I don't remember punching you either."

Scoffing, Alex looks at Landon in disbelief. "Come with me." Alex, grabs Landon by his shirt, as they continue to follow the tracker on the phone.

_

Walking through the woods, Aliyah tried her best to smell out Hayley, only to fail, due to prism getting in the way. Trying to block out prism, Aliyah forces her wolf side to come out, smelling the air, she smelt a scent familiar to Hayley's.

Following the scent, Aliyah found Hope, and Hayley. Standing there in front of each other, Hope raced to hug Hayley. Watching them, Aliyah felt a sense of abandonment, as if something was taken away from her.

Turning around, leaving Aliyah saw Melisa on the pathway back to the house, "I bet you wanted me to see that." Aliyah says, walking past Melisa, but Melisa follows her. "No, I didn't want you to see that. For you to find out that one of your closest friends, is the daughter of the Woman you see as a mother yourself, I can't imagine how you must feel." Melisa says, trying to help.

Stopping, Aliyah, turns around, "Why did you decide to show up now?"

"To be the mother you never had. A person you can rely on and learn from." She says, holding out her hand, waiting for Aliyah to take it. Grabbing Melisa's hand, they walk side by side, heading back to the house.

"What's a Shadowhunter, anyway?" Aliyah says, causing Melisa to laugh.

_

Reaching the house, Melisa and Aliyah set their sights on Alex and Landon. "Take a good look, who is she?" Alex says, as Landon looked at Aliyah. Rushing towards them, Aliyah let's go of Melisa's hand. "What's going on? Landon are you okay?" Aliyah says, taking Landon away from Alex.

"Who are you?" Landon says, pulling away from Aliyah, as Hope and Hayley walked upon the path, their bodies in view. Running towards them, Landon hugged Hope, wondering what was going on. Watching everything unfold, Aliyah knew she was now a person long forgotten.

She felt like she was losing everything, and had no control of it, and before she knew it, the time bomb that was ticking in her exploded.