S3-44: WEAKNESS

For weeks Aliyah was on her best behavior, all why trying to avoid Landon. Though it was hard, she managed to keep her distance.

Alex was testing her, and each time, he failed to get her to turn her humanity back on.

Sighing, standing in the kitchen, Aliyah grew frustrated, not being able to find blood, or any food.

Hearing someone coming into the kitchen, Aliyah ducks, hiding from the person. Hearing a light laugh, she rolls her eyes.

Then hearing two knocks on the counter, she hears his voice, "I saw you when I came in, sorry if I startled you."

Slowly coming up from the kitchen floor, her suspicion was correct. Landon stood in front of her, across the counter. Finally getting a chance to look at him fully, she felt a little bit of her humanity just by looking at him. She missed him.

"What were you looking for?" He breaks the ice, she hesitates before answering, "Food". He chuckles, moving away from the counter, walking towards the cabinets in front of Aliyah.

"What do you want to eat?" He turns his head to the right, looking at Aliyah.

"What's the best thing here?"

"A sandwich?" His words cause a smile to spread across Aliyah's face, "Finally a smile." He smiles lightly, "I thought you were going to eat me alive." He jokes, taking out the bread from the cabinet, then heading to the fridge.

Silently watching him, she wished that he fought the compulsion, and still remembered her. Though she knew it was over, she could feel her humanity slipping through every second she stayed in the kitchen with him.

"I don't think I've seen you around the Salvatore school before. Are you new?" He says holding the stuff to make the sandwich, helping him, Aliyah takes a few things out of his hands, brushing her hands against his for a second.

Landon felt that sense of familiarity again, the same one her felt when he was in the water, and in the hallway. "I'm only staying for a while." Aliyah says, placing the stuff down.

Placing the stuff on the counter, Landon questions himself, not knowing the truth, and wanting to know why he felt a connection to the girl next him.

Grabbing the cutting board, placing it on the counter, he puts a tomato on it. Grabbing a knife, ready to cut the tomato, Landon distracted himself in his thoughts, accidentally cutting himself.

"Landon, be careful." Holding his cut hand, in hers, Aliyah brings his hand to the sink, running water over it.

Glimpse of memories pass through his mind, just like in the water, confusing him. Pulling away from her, he looks at her in confusion, "How do you know my name?"

"What?" Looking at her face, more and more memories passed through his mind, and as they passed he slowly forgotten them.

"How do you know me?" He questioned her again.

Making up an excuse from the top of her head, "I'm a friend of Josie's, she told me about you."

Landon could tell that she was making an excuse, and couldn't take anyone else lying to him anymore.

"You can make the sandwich yourself, right?" As he was walking away, she reached out for his hand, but stopped herself. Watching him leave the kitchen, she felt herself fall apart, the things around her broke into pieces, as she clenched her fist, a tear fell, falling down her cheek.

Watching her from a crack through the door, Alex smiled to himself, knowing that Landon was Aliyah's weakness.