Charlie's not so good day

At Home.

"So, how'd it go today?"

"Ms. Lange will discuss it with the board of Education, so let's think of colleges you want to go."

"I already know where I want to go."

"Oh. And where exactly?"

"Central Chicago University. They have an excellent writing class, plus, I also want to be a social worker."

Jay received a phone call from the school. "Detective Halstead?"

"Hi, Jay this is Ms. Lange I met with the board, and we have a decision for Charlie."

"Okay. What did you decide?"

"We will allow Charlie to test out. If she manages a ninety-five on the test, we will allow her to start college."

"Okay when is her test?"

"Her test will be next Friday. So, if you or Charlie would like to come by the school, I can hand you the general questions she will see on the test and, I'll also provide the answer key so you can grade her test."

"Okay, thank you so much Ms. Lange."

After the call ended Jay informed Charlie.

"Hey sweetie so good news, you can test out, but it's not until next Friday, and she's giving us the week to practice, so tomorrow, before shift we can stop off at school, get the practice test and you and Sargent Platt can study, then, when I have some time, we can go over things together, and I can grade your test."

"Sounds perfect dad."

Jay and Charlie sitting in the car waiting to go to the district.

"Ready to go?"

"Let's go catch some bad guys."

Charlie listening to her music. "Hey dad, thank you for helping me get out of school and into college."

"You know I'd do anything to help you sweetie, now we just have to tell Hailey about this."

"Oh goodie."

Jay parking the car, in the lot, Hailey and Voight were outside in the lot waiting.

"Jay, hey Charlie what are you doing here?" Voight surprised.

"Fight at school. Suspended and stuff."

Hailey had a shocked look on her face. "What do you mean fight at school?"

"Dad dropped me off and before I even got into school, two girls jumped me and beat the crap out of me, so yeah. Now I'm suspended but as you already know, because dad said, you both had the girls in the interrogation room."

"Right, we just wanted to hear it from you." Voight holding Charlie's face in his hand. "Looks like it hurts."

"Yeah, it did, but Uncle Will fixed me up, he says I'll have a scar but I'm okay with that."

"Okay tough guy, come on let's get you inside and working."