The Morning After.

The next morning Mike and Kensi were waiting for Charlie to show up at school.

Kensi slapped Mike. "How could you leave her in a bar?"

"I went back and she was already gone, what I should've called her uncle and told him what sorry I'm calling I lost Charlie in a bar, oh and she was drinking? Yeah cause I need that, my parents still think I was in on it."

"Mine do too, but at least Charlie was innocent and they detained her for no reason."

Charlie finally arrived.

Kensi hugged Charlie. "Oh thank god you're okay." Punching her arm. "Don't ever scare me like again, what happened?"

"Uncle Jay. His team found me in the bar, and I think you can guess what happened next."

"So long you grounded for?" Mike asked.

"I'm not, we talked, my uncles getting me help and in return I have to work at Molly's; cleaning and my uncle gets to supervise. Yay."

"I'm so confused." Mike said holding Charlie's hand.

"My uncle and I made a deal, last night never happened and I get help and my community service is done at Molly's under supervision."

"So help, what like therapy ?" Kensi asked sitting in a chair.

"More like a teen class, for kids, from my back ground, abusive parents, witnessing there deaths, and rape therapy."

"Geez, no wonder your so messed up. I mean I know about it all, but I always thought you got help, you seem so normal."

"The rape consular told me, Im dealing with it externally by writing about it, but not facing it internally, thus acting out, drinking, not trusting uncle Jay and some other things."

"But you're getting help now?"

"Yes, and my first step is to put a pause on Mike and my relationship, which would allow me access to drinking and sex, so if I don't have anyone sexually, I can heal."

"Mike's gonna be bummed."

Mr. Knight walked in. "Oh, Charlie a second straight day present, I'm impressed."

"Not for the reasons you think sir."

"Oh, do explain, then."

"Well lets see, I can't its an on going investigation ."

"Oh, good excuse."

Class ended Charlie ran out of the room, up to her next class. Charlie faced this with all of her teachers.

In her algebra class .

"Hey Mike we need to talk." Charlie texted.

"What's up?" He replied.

"We need to pause our relationship."

"What? Why?"

"I will explain everything to you, but you need to know it's me not you."

"Wow, that line hurt."

"I know I'm sorry."

"Okay did your uncle say something?"

"No, I need this, I need to do this."

"You can tell me anything."

"I can't text this, it needs to be in person."

Class had ended and English class was next.

Mike was standing by the door. "Okay, so whats the talk about?"

"Mike, I have to end us, because if I don't i can't recover, correctly, if your here, in my life, i can just use you, like i have been, sex, drinking, that stuff, in order for me to get better, I need to break up with you, or pause our thing, don't worry, as soon as I'm better, we can go back to us."

Mike just walked away.

"Mike please."

Charlie had survived the first week living with her uncle and her parents death.