Fifty-one family

Back inside the interrogation room, Austin was sitting waiting for someone to return.

Jay walked in, tossing the notepad on the desk. How much does James trust you?

Well I mean we dont braid each others hair, but we connected in Statesville.

Good. You have one more job to do. Line me up as a potential buyer, and if you screw us, you wont be able to hide from us.

Okay I got it.

Jay tossing over Austins phone. I want to see what you type before you sent it.

Austin complied the text and showed Jay. Is that good?

Yeah go ahead and send it.

Now we wait.

Charlie was inside Firehouse 51, waiting to hear from her dad. Kelly its been a really long time since I heard from my dad.

You are right, but he did say that you were to stay here until he called.

Firefighter Darren Ritter and his dalmatian Tuesday came into the common room. Tuesday, sit. Watching Tuesday sit. Good girl. Feeding Tuesday a treat. Ritter looking at Lt. Severide and Charlie. Is everything alright Lt.?

Charlie just hasnt heard from her dad, in a few hours.

Stella and the rest of the firehouse came in. I heard someone misses there dad? Stella walking around. I wonder who that could be. Stella stopping in front of Charlie. Well I believe weve found our winner. Ms. Charlie Halstead. Do you in fact miss your father?

Yes. Its all my fault, if I hadnt told them about a drug dealer, wed be at home eating pizza or something.

Adam Ruzek and Kim Burgess came walking in.

Hey Charlie. Come on kiddo your dads waiting for you at the station.

He said he was going to call me or text.

Yeah I know but something came up and he sent us to get you.

Charlie knew she could trust them, but something seemed weird, the way Adam was talking, looking at Severide, for something.

Kim stepping in. Hey Charlie if you want you can stay here and we can tell your dad, you wanted to stay, its up to you.

Charlie stayed with Kelly and Stella. Im sorry the last time I went with someone I was taken to Mexico. Sorry Im staying here.

Kim speaking. I understand completely. We will see you tomorrow at the station.

Both Adam and Kim left Charlie at 51, knowing shed be safe with them.