Jay takes Charlie home

Later into the night Charlie was discharged from the hospital.
"Detective can you just sign here, here, here, and here. Thank you. Charlie can go home now."
"Okay, come on honey, um my apartment is messy so Erin has offered to let you spend the night at her place."
"Okay."
At Erin's apartment.
"Hey Charlie, I ordered us pizza and I have ice cream so we can make sundae's later."
"Thanks Erin this means a lot, I just need tonight and half the day tomorrow to clean up my place, plus the lady from children services will be inspecting my apartment to see if its suitable for Charlie to stay with me."
"Well Charlie you'll be staying in here, so you can just drop your stuff there and come get some food."
"Hey I'll see you tomorrow afternoon okay;" kissing Charlie on her head.
"Do you have wifi?"
"Um, yeah," typing it in, "there you go."
Back at Jay's apartment, he was cleaning all night, slept then went back to look at mattress.
"Hello welcome to Mattress world, how can I help you?"
"My niece is moving in and I need a twins mattress for her."
"Well we have all kinds, oh here's our most sold mattress."
Jay laid down on it, feeling it. "I like this, it's soft and perfect."
"Would you like to try our other ones too?"
"Well you said this is your most sold mattress, and I like the way it feels."
"Okay we can have it delivered to your home, it comes with this bed frame."
"Um, yeah sure."
"We also assemble it for you when we deliver it to you."
"Oh great."
"Your total today is four hundred dollars."
Jay handed the man his credit card. "Wow that's it?"
"Well three for the bed, one for deliver and assembly."
"Um, how much for next day delivery?"
"Another hundred."
"Add it, I need this bed tomorrow."
"Yes sir."
"Later that afternoon Erin brought Charlie over to Jay's place and the inspection lady follows right behind.
"Hi, you must be Charlie, my name is Tammy, I'll be inspecting your uncles home to make sure it's okay for you to live here."
"Why?"
"To make sure your uncle can provide a safe living environment for you."
"So why didn't you or some else do that with my parents? You can see the fist holes he left in the walls punching me in the face, or all the blood stains in the carpet, or the chains my dad put in my room so he could lock me up at night so I couldn't runaway, or the two times he raped me? Why did everyone wait so long to save me?"
"We didn't know."
"Really? Broken arms, legs, eye sockets, jaw, figures, concussions. I was in the hospital twenty-seven times, it takes the safe haven law for you to care."
Erin stopped Charlie. "Charlie sweetie not right now, maybe later okay."
Tammy knocked on Jays front door. "Mr. Halstead children services."
"Yeah, hold on a sec." Jay opened the door. "Please come on. Sorry I was putting the groceries away when you knocked."
Tammy opening up all his pantry doors and checking his fridge and freezer. "All fully stocked that's good, apartment is cleaned, where will Charlie be sleeping?"
"I have a room for her, I'm having her bed delivered here tomorrow, but for now I have the air mattress for her to sleep on."
"One more question why does she have your niece?"
"I asked Erin to watch Charlie, take her out for breakfast and lunch while I got everything taken care of."
"Okay. Well I like what I see, you pass, Charlie can stay with you. For now monthly check ins and random home visits."