Charlie's test III

Erin swung by after Voight called her. "Hey sweetie."

"Hi." Charlie rolled over. "You know you don't always have to stop by, I'm not going anywhere."

"I know that, but I just missed you."

"I know Hank called you. Otherwise you'd be smothering me making sure I'm fine and not in pain. so please just go."

Erin left and talked to Roman and Burgess. "No, one in without a badge check, unless its Connor, April or Will, any meds, must be supervised."

"Got it."

Back at Jay's place Jay had finished taking a shower when Erin showed up. Erin was greeted by a half dressed Jay.

"I just saw Charlie."

Jay putting his shirt on. "How did that go?"

"Better then I thought."

"What happened?"

"Charlie seems bitter now."

"You noticed that too. She snapped at everything I said."

"Voight told me the same thing earlier."

"I talked to Dr. Charles in Chicago Med, he said he'd talked to Charlie for us."

Back at Chicago Med, Will was talking to Dr. Charles.

"Hey Dr. Charles I need your help, my niece Charlie was abducted and used as a sex slave for over four months, she  just seems bitter. Can you help?"

"I'll see what I can do."

"Thanks."

After lunch Dr. Charles checked on Charlie.

"Charlie Halstead?"

"Yes?"

"Hi, I'm Dr. Charles your dad and uncle asked me to talk to you. Is that okay?

"It couldn't hurt."

"Wonderful." Looking at the chair. "Mind if I sit?"

"Oh yeah sorry."

"So why don't we start, by you telling me, what happened. I mean Jay and Will told me, I just want you to tell me."

"My dad's brother Bryan had been stalking me, so Jay and Erin kept me out of school, after the second round of the gangland war Kim Burgess took me home where Bryan was waiting for me, then the next thing I knew I was cuffed to a wall and stripped down to my bra and underwear, where I had sex with men, well five men a day so in seven days I had sex thirty-five times, and for four months."

"Oh my thats quite an ordeal for such a young girl, so who are you mostly mad at? In your family I mean?"

"Just Bryan and myself. Why?"

"It's just you've been lashing out at everyone, I was wondering."

"So that's why you're here."

"You'd be my patient  anyways, your dad and uncle just sped up the process."

"So tell me why are you helping me?"

"You went through something so traumatic, and your dad wants the best care for you." Gaging Charlie's response.  "What you don't think so?"

"Bryan's right I don't deserve happiness, i just wish Jay left me in Mexico to die."

"Imagine if Jay or Will just heard you say that."

"It's true though, first Josh, then my mom, then Bryan, everyone I know turns on me and hurts me. Jay, Will and Erin will only be a matter of time, I don't want to feel pain anymore."

"Well Bryan is wrong, and you're loved by so many people, it would be a shame for you to throw it all away because someone like Bryan told you to."

"Okay so where do we go from here? Why did he do this to me?"

"Charlie that will come with time, you may never know, but at least you know Jay, Will and Erin love you."

"I guess. Thank you Dr. Charles. Can Uncle Will come in now. I need him."

"I'll go grab him. "Dr. Charles left the room.

A few minutes later Will came in.

"Hey honey, Dr. Charles said you wanted me?"

"Thank you. For asking Dr. Charles to talk to me, um can we get lunch I want to stretch my legs."

"Well I have to askDr. Rhodes and Dr. Zanetti, but it shouldn't be a problem." Will stepping out. "Hey Maggie can you find Connor and Sam please. Charlie has a favor to ask them."

"Oh if it's for Charlie, anything for that cutie pie. How is she though, any odd behaviors?"

"No not that I've noticed."

Maggie paged both Connor and Sam. "They'll be here in a second."

Connor walked by. "Is Charlie okay?"

"Yeah, she just wants to go to the cafe, but I wanted to clear it with you first."

"Let me just evaluate her, and you two can go." Walking in. "Hey Charlie, so uncle Will tells me you want to go to the cafe?"

"Yeah I wanted to stretch my legs too."

"Well let me just evaluate you, then I'll let you go."