ℙℝ𝕆𝕃𝕆𝔾𝕌𝔼

~HER~

~HER~

"It's not topping the best five secondary schools in Nigeria 's chart for nothing," He began, she looked so bored but that didn't deter him from his one goal. He had to convince her. He needed to convince her.

"It ranks second on the poll, so I can assure you that you'll get the best," He said softly, trying to sound as convincing as possible while she stared back at him, unable to hide her disinterest. 

"You'll love it there, I promise. Just sign the form, please." He exhaled softly at the end of his statement. 

She ran her fingers through her bushy cornrows, staring at the form lying carelessly in the blue file with a blank look on her face.

The light-skinned guy whose face was displayed on the screen had a hopeful expression on his face, watching her every move curiously, staring at her like she was something so fragile that would break and that irritated her to the core.

"If I attend Blue Cove, you will back off, right?" She raised a brow in a questioning manner, eliciting a vigorous nod from the light-skinned guy on the screen.

She stared at him for a moment before nodding reluctantly. She finally gave in.

"Fine." She voiced out and was about to end the call.

"Wait!" He called, sharply.

"What is it again, Khalil?" the underlying exasperation and frustration in her voice didn't go unnoticed. He sighed softly and bit his lip staring at her.

"You are okay, right?" He looked quite uncomfortable watching her through a scrutinizing gaze.

"What do you think?" She tilted her head to the side and slammed her laptop shut, running her hands through her hair in the process. 

The black-coloured iPhone 12 pro max lying on the table beeped softly, colour had drained from her face as she reached for it desperately hoping it wasn't what she was thinking.

Her hands shook terribly as she unlocked her phone clicking on the Instagram application.

The first picture she set her eyes on made her eyes water, totally blurring her vision, she could still make out the figure laying her head on a bare almond-skinned chest.

He had his fingers buried deep into her braids while the dark-skinned girl who laid her head on his chest had her eyes closed, the caption underneath the picture written boldly.

"His obsession."

For others, it might probably be the cutest picture you might have set your eyes on but for her, the sight broke her heart into a thousand pieces over and over again just looking at it.

It felt like a hot knife was plunged into her throat. Like her heart was being pricked by tons of needles, ripped out of her chest and smashed right into pieces.

She couldn't hold it in any longer so she let out an ear-piercing scream, reaching for the things on her dresser and pushing them all away. The anger she felt was nothing compared to the pain she had been feeling for months.

Her legs gave her away.

She fell limp to the floor and smiled softly once she sighted the syringe lying on the floor next to her. She picked it up without hesitation and jammed it into her skin.

She could feel her vision turn hazy and things getting dimmer each second before she welcomed the peace the darkness had to offer.

A/N

Phew!

Heh heh, this one pesin dey jam needle into her skin like this. It is well.😂 We'll get to meet her in the next chapter.🥴

There's a beautiful star-shaped symbol downwards. Do well to click on it and storm the comment section with your comments. Questions are entertained too.🖤

Adiós🖤

Love, Didi.❤

❤