𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

Enjoy✨

_____________𖧷_____________

                         "𝑇𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑚𝑒,
           𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙"

           _______________𖧷_____________

           ~𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙺𝙸𝚁𝙰 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙸𝙾𝙻𝙰 𝙼𝙰𝙻𝙸𝙺~

The road was quite busy although not as bustling as a regular day of the week. It was a Saturday.

I had left home pretty early in the hopes of stopping by the bookshop to purchase some books and probably go shopping afterwards to keep myself busy. I didn't want to go back to that big empty house and stay indoors all by myself. It was tiring.

I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel, humming under my breath. I let out a frustrated sigh when I noticed the car in front of me had stopped moving.

"Oh for fucks sake," I cussed, pressing my horn a little aggressively. The car jerked forward after a while. The driver's hands came into view afterwards, waving at me in an attempt to tell me he/she was sorry before driving off. I snorted, swerving into the parking lot of the bookshop.

I found the perfect spot and pulled over before turning the ignition off. I took a glance at myself in the rearview mirror and patted my braids that were secured in a high ponytail, grabbing my bag, I slid my feet into my fur slides and got out of the car.

I smoothed the crease that was starting to form on my brown dress and made my way into the shop.

I wasn't a book lover but the vibe the entire decor of the room gave me had me looking twice. It reminded me of the school's library. The difference was the school's library was bigger than this. The warm beige paint gave off an accommodating vibe. The shelves were stacked to the brim with numerous books.

The air-con was on. I could feel the coldness on my skin. My eyes scanned the entire shop, taking notes of the littlest details. The whole place smelled like books. It wasn't bad but urgh...

"Hello," I whirled around and shifted my eyes to the counter. My eyes zeroed in on a petite woman who had her hair pulled backwards in an adorable bun. She had the littlest makeup on her face and still looked so stunning. The warm smile on her face was so...welcoming.

I couldn't resist flashing her a tiny smile. I chuckled lowly and walked to her.

"Good afternoon," I mumbled a greeting once I got to her.

"Good afternoon, ma'am. You are welcome to Evie's bookstore. My name's Annalise. How may I be of help to you today?" She inquired, her warm brown eyes never leaving mine.

"I want to get some books but I'd love to look around myself and feed my eyes while I'm at it," I told her and she nodded in response.

"Alright, ma'am. Please feel free to let me know if you need my help." I nodded in affirmation and spun on my heels, heading to the shelf at the rear end of the bookstore.