𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

Hey, fam. Here's a little dose of sweetness to make up for my inconsistency that's out of my control.🥺♥️ Thank you for 14k reads and I see what y'all are doing! 15k reads in the bag soon.🔥 Thank you, Mi familia. I do not take it for granted.✨

This chapter might give you sweet tooth, jsyk.😂♥️

The song for this chapter- Obsessed by Fave.

             ______________𖧷_____________

                        "𝐼 𝑚𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑏𝑒
                          𝑜𝑏𝑠𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢.
                              𝑁𝑜, 𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡.
                                    𝐼 𝑎𝑚."

            _______________𖧷______________

           ~𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙺𝙸𝚁𝙰 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙸𝙾𝙻𝙰 𝙼𝙰𝙻𝙸𝙺~

As I approached the estate, it felt like there was a gap—a disconnection between me and my emotions. I could feel them slipping away from me, and as the familiar gate came into sight, it became really hard to get a grasp on them. There was this wave of exhaustion that washed over me, engulfing me in a way that brought tired tears to my eyes.

I breathed softly in relief when I honked loudly and the gatekeeper opened up at once. I drove into the compound and pulled over in the garage. I turned off the engine, grabbed my bag and got out of the car. The guard was trying to greet me but I didn't spare so much as a glance in his direction before walking into the house.

My eyes snapped to the kitchen entrance when I heard footsteps. Mama Heather's bright eyes landed on me but her eyes soon softened with worry and I found myself quickening my pace so that I could get out of her sight on time.

"Shakira," She called out to me.

"Mama Heather, I can't do this right now. Abeg." I still didn't look at her, I just kept heading for the stairs. I could tell that she could pick up on the tiredness that oozed from my words.

"Are you okay?"

"I am fine!" I snapped, irritated as I ascended the staircase. Without casting a glance backwards, I headed for my room.

I kicked the door open and threw my bag somewhere in the room. For a fleeting moment, my mind wandered back to how difficult it was for me to concentrate on the exam questions, and how I struggled to answer the few I could. I knew without a doubt that if I had a C, the teacher just wanted to give me a pass.

My clothes suddenly felt too stuffy for me and I worked my fingers around the buttons of my shirt, ridding my body of it. My skirt and undies went off next but I paused mid-way when my phone beeped. I rolled my eyes and went back to the floor where I dropped my bag. I snatched it off the floor and retrieved my phone.