𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾

Good morning, Fam.🌚

Happy Sunday!💞 I should have dropped this chapter sooner but it was kinda hard to write...💔 It definitely won't top my list of the best chapters I have written in a while.😓

I can only hope most of you all won't dislike our female lead more than you do now.💀💀

And with that, the song for this chapter is- Shadow of Mine by Alec Benjamin.

________________𖧷_____________

"𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡,
𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡
𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑠.

_______________𖧷_______________

             ~𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙺𝙸𝚁𝙰 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙸𝙾𝙻𝙰 𝙼𝙰𝙻𝙸𝙺~

I couldn't sleep.

Again.

At first, I tried to convince myself that it would pass. It was just a phase. That was what I kept telling myself. That was how hard I tried to convince myself, so I wouldn't start freaking out. But then, it became painfully clear, when I just couldn't get any ounce of sleep anymore. When it started again, I was still always able to get roughly three hours of sleep but now, I would just be wide awake from night till dawn, looking up at the ceilings in my room or trying to keep myself busy with other stuff.

I couldn't go online to keep myself distracted because I knew Stefan would believe me at first. Probably, the lies would buy me a few moments of him acting as though he didn't know what was going on but it wouldn't take much time before he catches on to what was going on and sincerely, I was tired of having this conversation with anyone. I just...wanted to be alone. That shouldn't be too much to ask for, right?

I exhaled, turning on my side and my eyes rested on my alarm, which I knew was going to start ringing in about thirty minutes or so. I knew I had to get my butt off this bed and go get ready for school. It was Test week and the least week I was looking forward to. Too bad I couldn't skip school. Heaven knows, I wouldn't hesitate to stay back, but then, I think one of the reasons for skipping was to sleep in and I was damn sure that even if I did skip school, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if I decided to stay in bed all day.

"Get up, Shakira. You don't want to be caught dead in the house in the next hour." I reminded myself and pushed myself off my bed, shoving my reluctance somewhere deep in my mind. I slid my feet into my flip-flops and got off the bed, sauntering into the bathroom to take my bath. I practically rushed through the few things I did, trying my best not to waste one more moment in this house. I got dressed in my uniform and plopped down on my stool, trying to brush my cornrows. I didn't need to do much. I just applied hair cream on it and brushed it backwards, catching sight of my reflection that scared the crap out of me, in the mirror.