𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃(𝙰)

My fammmmm.🥺♥️

I hope this meets you well.♥️

No long talks, let's get to it. I had to divide this chapter, btw.

The song for this chapter is SMA by Nasty C.

          ______________𖧷_____________

                "𝐹𝑢𝑐𝑘 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒
                        𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑛
                            𝑒𝑥𝑐𝑒𝑝𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛."

         ________________𖧷______________

         ~𝙾𝙼𝙾𝙳𝚄𝙽𝙼𝙰𝙳𝙴 𝚃𝙰𝙽𝙸𝙰 𝙶𝙾𝙼𝙴𝚉~

I hit the send button, slamming my laptop shut afterwards. I heaved a sigh of relief, knowing I was done for the day, at least. I had the rest of the night to myself and I could do whatever I wanted with it. In this case, spend time with Riven and Raquel. My schedule has been a little tight for a while now and I had Meg to thank for that. I knew I was paying her and it was her job but it doesn't dispute the fact that she took proper care of the twins like they were her own, even in my absence. 

Nannies like her were very hard to come by in the world we live in now, filled with wolves in sheep's clothing that were waiting for the slightest opportunity to burn everything down to the ground. The thought of someone maltreating Riven and Raquel made me frown, causing me to shudder heavily. I peeled my bonnet off my head, freeing my curls in the process. I pushed my chair backwards, causing it to sound like a screech, and then I made my way to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

I didn't take long in the bathroom and I was out in no time, changing into a pair of strawberry-imprinted pink satin shorts and a matching white tank top that barely covered my belly button. I plugged my hair dryer and did a quick blow drying of my hair before tucking it in a messy high bun. I proceeded into my room, my phone sounding with a soft chime, the minute I dropped with a soft thud on my bed. I retrieved the phone from the surface of the nightstand, threw myself on the bed and proceeded to check the new message I had.

The notification from my bank had my blood drying up in my system, my heartbeat picking up an erratic pace, thudding furiously against my chest and hurting me with every beat it made. I could hear the loud beating of my heart in my ears, leaving goosebumps to sprout on my skin. I shot up from the bed, my fingers hanging on the screen of my phone. 

Every nerve in me screamed at me to shut my phone and just stuff under my covers, allowing my legs to lead me out of the room, away from this alert. But of course, my curiosity got the better part of me. I tapped on the screen, a shaky breath eluding me. My breath felt as though it was punched right out of me as I stared back at the credit alert of one million nairas, casting me a mocking glance and messing with my senses in the process.