Chapter 16 - The initial of the bond

Coimbatore

Maran along with some other cousins settled on the backyard of his aunt's house having fun.

" Yen da maran.. college mudichu... next enna da plan .. " one of his cousins questioned.

Maran: Chennai la work kedachuruku da.. appa uh poga solararu atha.. Final exams mudinjathu... Chennai poga poran..

" Chennai la enga da ? "

Maaran: Krishna college la da.. ( en college ana athu coimbatore la iruku )

" College laya? "

Maaran: ama da antha college campus laya IT company iruku.. enga college ku campus ku vanthu irunthanga..

" oh ok da.. "

Maarna nodded and turned away only for his eyes to fall on 16 year old Maya who walked out of the back door in a crop top and knee length skirt.

He knew she had arrived that morning there for their cousin's wedding just like him. In fact his athai had requested him to pick her up from the bus stop but he refused saying he was in a good mood and did not want to spoil his mood by fighting with him.

But from the moment he refused to pick her up something kept nagging in his heart. He had seen her before four years ago in a family occasion when she was a little girl most probably in her seventh or eighth grade which only ended up in them quarreling over who was Yamuna amma's pet.

When he heard her name that morning unknowingly he wondered how she could be after these many years but not wanting to accept the eagerness to meet her he diverted himself with his cousins.

The moment his eyes fell on her now he felt an unknown pull that made him stare at her. The little child he saw a few years ago was nowhere to be found. The Maya in front of him was no longer the little devil who would pull his legs whenever they met. She had grown into a beautiful girl in these years that made him look at her without even blinking.

His trance was broken and the admiration in his eyes changed into annyonce just in the moment when Maya dashed him to push him away and ran to give hug to her brothers, sisters and Aadhavan.

Maran: aii arivu illa ipadi vanthu idikara..

Maya: ama ivuru thiruvilaku vantha vayasu pulla venum na vanthu idika.. nan vara valila nee yen nikara?

Maran: intha pechu matum koraiya va illa di unaku..

Maya: aii di potu pesatha..

Maran: apdi tha di pesuvan enna di panuva?

Maya: una...

" Ayoo niruthunga rendu perum.. eparu sanda potutu... mudilaya enga naal ah.. " one of her sisters spoke.

Maya: Avan tha akka..

Maran: aii Ava thena mothala vanthu idicha..

Kathir: seri seri vidunga.. epachu tha ipadi ellarum ona irukom.. apavum Sanda pudikanum ah..

Maran and Maya twisted their lips at each other before turning away.

" Maya.. nee thaniyava vantha ? "

Maya: illa anna.. nanga friends engachu polam nu plan pani irunthom.. ana nan Inga vara naala avungalu.. coimbatore ah polam nu ella ona tha vanthom...

" Oh apa avungalu vanthu irukangala.. enga da avunga? "

Maya: illa anna.. avunga Ella Ooty porathu tha plan.. so poitanga.. nan kathir mama kuda ipadi vanta..

Aadhavan: Yen nee Ooty polaya ?