Chapter 83 - Yamuna knows the truth

For the next two days, Maya barely came out of the room with an excuse of being ill. She felt heart broken when Yamuna did not speak to her or even visited her in the room. But she knew it was Yamuna who sent her food to the room in time. She also noticed the change in the food, her favorite sweet, extra raw mangoes in the sambar and an extra saving of the pickle was added to the food, which would satisfy her cravings and made her a little happy.

Maya felt suffocated being in the room for a long time and decided to leave downstairs. She reached the kitchen and found all the ladies there.

Latha: Mayu va da.. ipa paravalaya odambuku..

Maya nodded while she noticed Yamuna pausing her work for a minute before continuing but did not take a look back.

Sumathi: Maya kalaila konjam thena sapta.. sapadu inum ready agala.. vera ethachu sapadriya ?

Maya: illa athai Venda.. pasi illa..

Yamuna was about to heat the oil for the tadka and noticed Maya still there through her side eye.

Yamuna: Anjali.. Jaanu.. she called the girls who were cleaning the spinach, seated on the dinning… thalipu poda poran.. neri erum.. veliya poi ukarunga..

Jaanu: illa ma paravala..

Yamuna: ponga nu sona..

Jaanu and Anjali shrugged at each other before leaving the room while Maya, who understood everything, silently walked out of the room.

Yamuna noticed the girls, settled on the lawn space between the kitchen's back door and the backyard. She cut some red bananas and placed them on two plates and was about to leave but stopped and gave it to Latha asking her to give it to the girls.

Latha: Itha saptuta Vela parunga da… she placed the plates on the floor in front of them.

Maya: athai enaku Venda..

" Sapdu " she turned to find Yamuna on the door step.

Yamuna: Jaanu... epavum pola Venda nu soluma.. pesama sapdu.. Thenamu oru sevvala sapdrathu romba nalathu pesama sapdu..

She said confusing the other two and eyed Maya who smiled before leaving inside the room.

After a couple of days, everyone was settled on the dining table for breakfast. Maya was settled beside Anjali and Jaanu on either side . Maaran walked downstairs and was about to leave the house while Yamuna stopped him.

Yamuna: Maara enga pora ?

Maaran: Illa ma friend ah paka…

Yamuna: athu ella apram pola.. Vanthu sapdu va..

Maaran: enaku Venda ma..

Yamuna: Adi kuduthuruvan pathuka.. pathu naal ah itha velaiya pochu unaku.. vanthu sapdra..

Maaran: amma Venda..

Yamuna: nee sona keka mata iru.. Yenga.. she called Rajavel who was passing.

Rajavel: Yenna ma.

Yamuna: Ivana enna nu kelunga.. sapda kupta sapda vara matingara.

Rajavel: Enna Thambi yen vara matingara..

Maaran: pasi illa pa..

Rajavel: Kalaila yarachu sapdama irupangala.. va vanthu saptu apram enga Vena po..

Maaran just nodded, making Yamuna glare at him after Rajavel left the place. Maaran smiled sheepishly before following his father to the dining.

Maya who heard all the commotion was silently seated looking down not wanting to face him. But she sensed Maaran who came to take the seat opposite to her, hesitating to sit after finding her. The fact that he was hesitating to even sit in front of her made her tear up. If it was the usual Maya she would have ripped his head out because she was in no mistake with everything that was happening. But these pregnancy hormones were taking a toll on her. For his actions she should burst out in anger but only tears were left out - thanks to her hormones.