Chapter 27 - Trouble and Trust

Maya was setting up the hostel room after returning from her semester leave. Jenny and Maya left for their homes after their semester and Maya returned a day before the reopening. She was super excited to share the atrocities she did with brother during the holidays to Jenny and that is when her mobile rang with her name.

Maya: Jenny vantiya.. enga keelaya iruka ? She asked in an excited tone.

Jenny: Maya.. ethum pesatha nan solaratha kelu..

She spoke in a frightened tone that aroused panic in Maya.

Maya: Jenny enna aachu yen pathatama pesara..

Jenny: Mayu…

Maya only heard her sobs.

Maya: Jenny yen di alara.. mothala enna aachu nu solu.. pona edathula ethachu prechanaya?

Jenny sobbed and started telling her what happened which only shocked Maya more.

Maya: Jenny Jenny mothala Alaratha niruthu..

Jenny: Maya ethachu panu di please..

Maya: Seri Seri mothal ah alatha.. nan yathachu panra.. ipa nee enga iruka..

Jenny: nan location anuparan.. seekram va di please..

Maya: Varen Jenny Nee bayapadama iru..

She heard the call disconnecting and guessed there must be a problem on the other side.

Maya sat back on the bed with thud holding her head, she had to help her friend who was in danger but how was she gonna do it. She might be a bold girl but still relating to the problem she must need someone whom she can trust. When the trust was mentioned she had only one face to remember. Wiping her face with her palms before collecting her mobile and wallet she ran out of her room.

Maya tapped on the door nervously until Madan opened the door for her.

Madan: Maya nee Inga ?

Maya: Maaran enga anna ?

Madan: Ulla tha..

Even before he could complete Maya ran into the house and forgetting to knock on the door she opened the door. She yelled and turned to the other side when he was shirtless, searching for one near the cupboard. Maaran yelled before grapping a random t shirts and slipping it in.

Madan who came hearing the commotion understood what had happened and left the place chuckling.

Maaran: thirumbu..

Maya: Shirt..

Maaran: ella potachu.. thirumbu..

Maya turned around and looked up hesitantly and relaxed finding him dressed.

Maaran: enna solama kolama vanthu iruka ?

Maya: enaku oru help venum..

Maaran: Paruda unaku athu ella keka theriyum ah ?

Maya: Maaran I am serious.. she spoke as her eyes welled up.

Maaran: Aii nan suma tha vilayanda yen alara..

Maya: Illa Jenny..

Maaran: Jenny ku enna.. Bro enga..

Maya explained everything to him that Jenny told her and he listened to her calmly.

Maaran: Seri Alaratha niruthu ethachu panalam..

Maya: enaku Intha vishiyathula una thavara vera Yara nambarathunu therila..

Maaran had a surprised look on his face, he could not believe that she was believing him on such an important matter.

Maya: en mela kova iruntha intha oru time marantu Help panu please