Chapter 18 - The clash

Chennai

Maya thanked the cab driver who helped her luggages out of the trunk and paid him before lifting the luggages and walking a few meters inside. She stood in front of her dream campus and smiled at the name board which displayed " Sri Krishna Arts and Science College ".

After Maya decided to choose designing as her career, she started researching for a best college for fashion designing and finally settled with it when she was impressed with the reviews of this college. It was not a big struggle for her to get a seat for herself considering her good score in high school.And now being here in her dream campus gave her immense joy.

She left for reception and enquired about her hostel room and after knowing that her roommate had already checked in she left to her allocated room to in the second floor.

She placed her luggages down and knocked the door and waited for her roommate when a girl of her age opened the door after a minute with smile.

Maya: Jennifer ?

Jenny: Ama.. Umayal ?

Maya nodded smiling.

Jenny: Get in let me help you.. She said as she carried one of her bags.

Maya: So sweet of you, thank you..

Both walked into the room and Maya settled on a little two seater wooden couch while Jenny offered her water.

Maya: Thanks.. ukarunga..

She said moving aside, making room for Jenny to sit.

Jenny: neenga enga irunthu varinga?

Maya: sontha uru madurai.. ana valanthathu ipa irukarathu Ella Trichy la.. neenga

Jenny: Nan Chennai tha ana konjam thooram.. Ama entha year.. enna group.

Maya: Fashion designing 1st year neenga ?

Jenny: Nan IT

Maya: oh.. Ama nan vanthathum ah kekanum ninachan... enga Hostel la neraya pera kanom... Nalaiku Thena orientation?

Jenny: hai unaku vishyama theriyatha?

Maya: yen enna aachu?

Jenny: orientation postponed airucham.. ellarukum mail vanthu iruku.. Neenga pakalaya?

Maya: illaya enaku entha mail uh varalaya?

Jenny: Actually nan mail pathan... ana anga iruka pathil ah ingaya irukalam nu vantan...

Maya: oh.. she found something was wrong but did not want to question her personal, so she just nodded.

Jenny: Neenga vena poitu next week vangala..

Maya: illa ila.. neenga Inga thena irukinga.. manage panikalam..

Jenny: super epadi irunthalum nama inum 3 years inga thana iruka porom.. let us know eachother.

Maya: ok.. apa nan poi refresh panitu vantharan.. Semaya pacikuthu.. ama mess atleast open la iruka ?

Jenny: illa ana Inga Office la iruka canteen open la irukum... anga temporary Id card vechu saptukalam nu sonanga..

Maya: ama ila Inga oru office iruku .. seri apa nan kulichutu vantharan 10 minutes.

Jenny nodded and Maya left for the washroom after collecting her clothes.

Maya and Jenny were walking towards the company which was at a distance of 5 minutes walk when Maya's phone rang.

Maya hit her forehead: Achoo veetuku kupda marantan.. One second...