Chapter 29 - Shifting?

That night Jenny prepared dinner as she needed some time out from the trouble and the others accepted it. All the four were seated in the living room having dinner and watching TV. Madan kept switching between channels, making Maaran and Maya annoyed and started scrolling their mobile while the other two were watching it.

Some random scene was playing on the TV but the two were so into their mobiles that they did not pay attention to it.

" Sirikatha.. nethu rathiri kuthuthunu nee thena kalatuna"

Both Maaran and Maya's eyes widened as they heard the scene while Maaran choked on his food and Maya spat out the water she just sipped.

" Aii pathu.."

Both Madan and Jenny tapped on Maya and Maaran's head respectively with a frown. Once they stopped coughing they offered them some water and calmed the duo.

Madan: Yen da rendu perukum ore nerathula pora yeruthu.. he asked Maya.

Maaran and Maya looked at each other, Maaran looked at her with a tease while she glared back.

Jenny: enna bro aachu ?

Maaran: aah onu illa bro.. chapathi vikiruchu vera onum illa.

Jenny: Unaku enna di aachu ?

Maya: aah Thani pora poiruchu di.. she said glaring Maaran which did not go unnoticed by Jenny.

Jenny: Thani kuda Olunga kudika theriyatha ?

Maya: psch.. pathu tha kudichan.. she said and got up from the place.

Jenny: Aii saptu po..

Maya: Enaku pothum.. She said as she walked into the kitchen.

Madan: nee enga da pora ? He questioned Maaran.

Maaran: Kai kaluva da.. Saptutu Kai kaluva vendama ?

He said in an annoyed tone and left into the kitchen while Maya walked opposite to him. They shared eye contact which did not go unnoticed by the other duo before Maaran left into the room and Maya left outside.

Jenny and Madan looked at each other before they looked at the directions the duo left.

Madan: yenga ungaluku ethachu thonuthu..

Jenny nodded.

Madan: apa enaku thonarathu tha ungaluku thonutha ?

Jenny: ungaluku enna thonuthu ?

Madan: ivungaluku ona pora ponathu etharchiya illa nu ?

Jenny: apa ethu naala nu ninaikaringa ?

Madan thought for a second before both turned to the television at the same time.

Jennya: neengalum atha ninaikaringala ? She asked surprised.

Madan: Namba mudiyathuga ithuga atha mari ethachu.

Jenny: cha cha antha alavuku ella worth illa ga..

Madan: Apram yen antha scene ipadi oduthunga..

Jenny: athula vera enavo iruku.. kandu pudikaran..

She nodded looking at the direction Maya left before the duo continued with their dinner.

- - - -

Later that night, they received a call from the police station and they were informed that Jenny's aunt and uncle had been warned, so they left for the hostel the next day.

Jenny was settled on the bed scrolling her mobile when Maya came back to the room after her usual evening time in the garden.

Jenny: Enna di un mama va paka mudilanu mogam surungi poi varaiyo..