Chapter 56 - The promise

Maya pushed Maaran inside the room after sometime and locked the door. Once the dinner was cooked she sprinted around the house to set everything and in twenty minutes everything was ready for her satisfaction.

Maaran came out of the room when he heard her and only found darkness. A sudden spark of light came from the middle of the living room and he found Maya glowing under the candle light which she used to light the other candles in the room. The whole place was mildly lit with the scented candles and soft music played in the background while a small  table was arranged in the middle of the room. Maya placed the candle in the candle stand on the middle of the table and walked back to him. In the light provided by the candles Maaran noticed Maya had freshened up and left her hair loose with some light makeup on with kajal, a nude lipstick and small bhindi. She stood a foot away from him and raised her eyebrows and he nodded a no while putting a strand of hair behind her ear.

Maya: Ready for surprise ?

Maaran: Always..

Maya smiled and moved a step back before she went on her knees, making him gasp.

Maaran: Paapa enna panra ?

Maya: Yen nee mattum tha ithu Ella panuviya.. nan pana kudatha.. ?

Maaran chuckled and shook his head in disbelief, this girl is always unique and keeps on proving it. She never believes in the so-called " gender roles " and does only what her heart wants.

Maya: ok now Mr. Maaran Rajavel… will you please honor this birthday date ?

Maaran heartily smiled but soon it changed into a frown when she held a ring in front of him. It lookes alike the one she had given him that morning but now it was in her hands. He looked at his fingers and found the ring missing.

Maaran: ithu epadi unkita..

Maya: athu ella apram solaran.. mothala accept my date.. kaal valikuthu.. she pouted..

Maaran chuckled and forwarded his hand for her: With pleasure Ms. Umayal.

She smiled before sliding the ring in his finger before he helped her to her foot. She led him to the table and he sat on the floor. Once he settled she moved to sit adjacent to him before serving the dishes on a plate. It was no fancy dishes, everything was simple but his favorite dishes of their hometown that his mother made for him.

Maaran: Hey ipa aachu solu epa ring edutha ?

Maya glared: athu kuda theriyama iruka ?

Maaran: sorry di epadi edutha ?

Maya: I have my ways… Ithu tha en actual plan atha sututan..

Maaran: epadi di enaku theriyama edutha ?

Maya: Sola matan.. ana ipa nan edutha naala una suma vidaran.. ana nee atha tholacha.. kondruvan.

Maaran: Hey ithu epadi nan tholapan..

Maya: Athu…

She said before serving the gravy on the plate.

Maya: aah.. she took a piece of the 'kari dosai' the most famous one from their village and dipped it in the gravy and held it in front of his mouth.

He smiled at her and tasted the food from her hands. The moment it passed down his throat he recognised the recipe.

Maaran: Maya ?

Maya: I know you're missing athai.. Atha avunga kita kettu senjan.. she said while she fed him a kola urundai.

Maaran: Semaya iruku di.. he said, feeding her a piece of the same.