Chapter 19 - His Care

It was fifteen days after Maya joined college and one week after the classes had progressed.

Jenny and Maya became much closer in that one week as they shared a similar vibe. They spent most of the time inside the room and occasionally leaving out, spending their week together and getting to know each other. Jenny being Jenny used to tease Maya with Maaran even if she only got to witness their fights. Maya initially tried to stop her but after knowing that was impossible she stopped asking for her to stop teasing.

The first week when Maya had to go to the office canteen for food, Maaran and her always had a cold behavior towards each other. They occasionally had useless arguments but mostly stayed silent just pulling faces at each other.

After knowing Maya had joined the college and Vimal being in the same campus Maaran felt it was his responsibility to take care of her, even if not directly at least keeping an eye on her for her safety. So he visited the canteen knowing when she came there but still maintained an annoyed face. Even though he felt the urge of protecting her he hated the fact that he felt that. He did not like the fact he felt that urge towards a girl who had always been an annoyance for him. But the next minute he would convince himself saying he would have felt that towards anyone from his family and the same goes with her too.

After finding Maya in the garden for the first day, he expected her the next day even if he was not going to speak to her. And just as he expected she sat there on the bench in a dark blue hoodie and a black track pants with a book in her hand and she looked quite immersed into the book.

He felt the urge to enquire if she was comfortable there but not in the mood to begin an argument he left from there without speaking anything. This continued for the upcoming days, some days he could just leave silently and with formal nods for the days she found him.

Maya was settled in the middle bench of her class along with her friend Shafi, who she had an instant connection with after being in the class when she felt uneasy. She was feeling low from last dinner from the hostel but not wanting to take a day off as there was a special lecture on the designing app that was developed in their college office she managed to pull herself to the class.

Maya: Shafi enaku oru Mari iruku konjam Thani tharaya?

Shafi: Aii enna aachu.. Nee kalaila iruntha seri illa.. hospital vena polam illa.. she asked in concern as she noticed Maya being more down opposite to her usual self.

Maya: illa athu ella Venda.. Thani matum kudu..

Shafi gave her some water which she sipped slowly and gave back to her.

Shafi: Ok va Maya.. illana hospital polam va..

Maya: illa da i'm ok..

Before Shafi could speak further the fellow students stood up as their tutor walked into the classroom.

" Take your seats.. She looked out of the classroom... Come in Sir... "

She called someone and Maya looked out in expection of knowing their guest lecturer but was only shocked to find Maaran.

Maya: Ivan enna panran Inga ? She murmured to herself but Shafi heard it.

Shafi: Unaku theriyum ah enna ?

Maya: aah illa.. she looked at him.. illa vera yaro nu ninachutan..

Shafi: oh..

Maya nodded and turned towards Maaran to find him looking at her.

Maya mv: Ivan ethuku namala pakaran...

Her mind voice was interrupted by her tutors voice who introduced Maran and left the class asking him to take over.