Chapter 92 - Maaran's outburst

Maya woke up to the sound of puppy woofing and wiping her face as she searched around. She found a little puppy playing with a small ball at the foot of the bed. Frowning she walked out of the bed and walked to her and took her in her arms.

Maya: Inga epadi vanthinga ?

She then noticed a tag on her neck and carefully removed it before letting her down.

" Hi mommy... I am Kayal.. ( of course if my mamma likes the name or you can change it )... I am brought here by Dada exclusively for you... I am eagerly waiting to be your darling mommy... "

She looked out of the door and heard shifting outside the door. Sighing she looked down at the puppy who was licking her feet and an involuntary smile broke out of her lips.

Maaran who was hiding out of the room jumped in joy after watching her smile after a couple of months.

It was more than one and half months since she returned back to Bangalore. The very next day of returning Maya began to work and right from that all she knew was just work. She would leave the house earlier and only returned home when it was late to bed. As soon as she was home she would hit the bed but he knew she was just laying with a closed eyes and not asleep. In fact they had lost their sleep for last 3 months. During initial days Maya would fall asleep out of medications but later once she had stopped it she lost her sleep. Maaran would lay on the couch in the living room and stare at her who was in the bedroom throughout the night. Only in the early hours of the morning both closed their eyes for some sleep. And mostly when Maaran was awake in the morning Maya would be in the kitchen making food. When she returned back he was the one who made food but when she did not have it he stopped making not wanting to trouble her. He was a bit relieved whenever she left an extra serving of food in the dining. Even if she was not accepting his food at least she was making it for him, giving him hope.

Maaran was trying hard to do his best in convincing her but at the same time was feared of forcing her too much. Her mental health was not stable and he did not want to play with it by acting impulsively. He chose to stay calm and maintained silence with her but made sure he was around her most of the time at home. The conversation between them was always mute and Maaran's mind was already taking a toll on it.

Even though Jenny and Madan was trying their best to give her support and bring her back to normal everything was a failure. There was no change in her behavior and she stayed mute other than the questions that were asked to her.

He was scared when that had prolonged and decided to do something. He read a lot and got to know a non-human connection who would never judge her and could help her deal with her loneliness. And to his luck a dog in their street had laid a few healthy male puppies and a little sick female puppy. Knowing well about Maya he took the female puppy home after it had grown enough to be separated from her mother. He named her Kayal, remembering their discussion of naming the pet they did not own a long time ago.

He sneaked into the room find Maya playing with Kayal with all smiles. She was smiling after a really long time and that warmed his broken heart. He believed that Kayal would change her little by little.

He saw her leaving for the washroom and sneaked into the room to grap Kayal.

Maaran: seri ana aalu tha di nee... mothal naal ah avala ah sirika vechuta... Kayal softly woofed back.... Kathi keedu korthu vitratha ma.. un dada pavam illa.. kayal again barked shaking her head... Ada paavi.. ipava un mommy support panraiya.. athu seri athuku thena una eduthuta vantha.. seri nee samatha ingaya vilayadu nan unaku sapda ethachu eduthutu varan...

He let her down before he returned back with a bowl of food and placed in front of her. She quickly had it expressing her hunger and burped making Maaran chuckle.