Chapter 107 - The Proposal

Maaran sighed, unable to wake Maya who
crawled on the bed. They had returned to Madurai last night. The little bundle, the current apple of their eyes, was to be brought back to their home today and will be named later. Anjali and Kathir were blessed with a baby boy a couple of months ago and from the moment he had everyone wrapped around his tiny fingers. Maaran and Maya had visited them when they were at the hospital before they got busy with their work. They reached home late at night and Maya was hell tired out of driving. Maaran was trying hard to wake her up but was failing.

Maaran: kuttu elunthuru di.. ella kelambitanga.. nama matum tha bakki..

Maya: po papa thookam varuthu..

Maaran: hey kutty payan ah eduthutu vantu.. apram nee evalo neram vena thoongu di..

Maya: nee po nee poi eduthutu va..

Maaran: nee va di..

Maya: nan varala nee po.. enaku tired ah iruku..

Maaran: Sure ah ?

Maya: ama nee po nan varala... epadiyum Inga thena vara poringa ?

Maaran: seri padu..

He covered her with a duvet before leaving the room. Maya heard the door shut and sat up, noticing the door locked she wiped her tears and laid back staring at the ceiling.

Maya walked downstairs and smiled at the family gathered in the living room. She walked to them and hugged Anjali who was carrying the baby.

Anjali: nee pesatha di yen varala ?

Maya: illa di nejama mudila.. atha varala..

Anjali: enna Achu ?

Maya: drive pana illa..

Maaran: athuku tha nan panranu sona kekava illaa..

Anjali: seri seri intha un payana Pudi..

She forwarded the baby but Maya hesitated to get him.

Anjali: enna di pudi..

Maya: illa di.. periods atha.. avunuku inu palakala illa.. nan kulichutu eduthuran..

Anjali: athula enna iruku edu..

Yamuna: illa Anjali Ava Solaratha correct Venda.. apram ah Ava eduthu katum..

Anjali nodded and laid the baby on the cradle as it was time for the naming ceremony. Kathir asked Rajavel to name him and whispered the name in his ears.

Rajavel crouched down to the baby to his ears and whispered the name

"Magizhanban".

Maya: Anjali ?

Anjali: Nee suggest pana name tha di.. nama family ka magizhchi kudutha.. magizh.. epadi ?

Maya smiled at her before she looked at the baby who was smiling at her. Her heart warmed with his smile and she smiled talking to him while he giggled, throwing his arms and legs comfortably laying in the cradle.

Once the naming rituals were done Maaran pulled Maya to a corner.

Maya: enna da achu ?

Maaran: unaku periods ku 10 naal iruka di.. athula vanthuruchu.. ethachu mudilaya hospital polam ah ?

Maya: athu ella ila..

Maaran: paravala solu.. unaku intha mari vanthatha illaya ?

Maya: illa da.. nan en doctor kita Pesitan.. onu problem illa nu solitanga.. next month itha mari iruntha pathukalam nu solitanga..