Chapter 46 - Surprises

*** The response for last chapter was so less. Silent readers please vote and comment ***

The music from the nadhaswaram and mathalam blasted across the house as the auspicious time came. Kathir was settled in a white Pattu vetti sattai while Anjali was dolled up in a pink checked ' koorai pattu '. Kathir looked at her before moving towards her ears and whispering.

Kathir: Sema alaga iruka..

Anjali looked at him and blushed, earning a teasing throat clears and chuckles from the cousins.

Maaran came near the stage and noticed Maya beside Jaanu and Surya in all smiles. He felt a bit relieved finding her smile but that vanished the moment her face changed looking at him. He knew she was angry and not wanting to grow it he moved to a distance. He silently stood in a corner and watched her moving around getting blessings for the mangalyam.

Maaran: Kutta.. he called her when she crossed him.

She stopped but just forwarded the plate for him without even looking at him.

Maaran: Kovam ah ?

She did not reply but forwarded the plate once again making him sigh and take the rice from the plate before she left the place.

Soon all the rituals were done and it was the time of the couple to tie the knot. Kathir got the thread from the priest and held it high for the view of the guest as said. And when the moment came he tied it around Anjali's neck while the musical instrument blasted along with the blessing of everyone present. He made two knots and Surya took over the third as a ritual. The priest forward the kumkum and Kathir wound his right arm around her shoulders and placed it on her hair partition and the mangalyam. Both looked at each other with tear filled eyes and a lot of unsaid emotions. The thing they have yearned and dreamed for years has come true and now they officially belonged to each other.

Madan looked at Jenny and once she looked at him he eyed the newly wedded couple making her blush.

Maaran's eyes automatically found Maya who had knelt near Anjali and was correcting her mangalyam and hair. Sensing his gaze Maya turned to look at him while looking at the couple and once again looking at her. She understood what he was about to say but just glared at him and turned away which did not go unnoticed by Jenny.

Soon everything was in daze as they continued to do the rituals that followed the wedding. Throughout the time Maaran tried his best to convince her but Maya was not even ready to look at his side. Maaran was relieved when she was at least normal and happy with others.

The groom and bride went to the bride's house for a ritual and Maaran left with them to drive the car while Maya stayed back.

Jenny noticed Maya settled in a corner leaning on the chair with closed eyes. She moved beside her and waited until she woke up. Maya jerked for a second when she found Jenny soon after she woke.

Maya: yen di.. she placed her palm on her heart and whined.

Jenny chuckled: Tired ?

Maya just nodded and laid back with her hand supporting her head and elbow resting on the arm rest.

Jenny: Enna di romba tired ah iruka.. sapda ethachu tharava ?

Maya: athu ella Venda di.. thookam illa atha..

Jenny: apa poi thoongu..

Maya: illa apram thoongikaran

Jenny: sona ah kekava pora.. ama.. Unaku bro ku enna prechana ?

Maya: ena prechana ethuvum illaya..

Jenny: kalaila irunthu patutu tha irukan.. Avuru pavam ah un pinadi suthararu nee kanduka pora enna ?