Chapter 90 - Rajavel's decision

A week later

Elango walked into the room and slowly closed it without disturbing Maya who was asleep. He sat beside Maya and slowly caressed her hair trying hard not to let down his tears. He gazed at her and his heart pained watching her weak self. She had lost a considerable amount of weight from the last time he had seen her in Madurai. She looked so weak and pale, both physically and mentally.

From the day they had brought her home she stayed numb except for a few words. She was always locked up in the room, Vali and Rachu were the one who accompanied her most of the time. He knew Yamuna had called over Valli and informed her everything about how to care for Maya. Vali had been force feeding Maya but still she would end throwing up which kept her weak even after a week.

Whenever he saw his little girl weak and tired his heart shattered. He might have brought her up bold and independent but he knew she was no less than a kid when she was sick. She had always wanted him by her side even if she had a mere headache. Now she was sick both mentally and physically but he was unable to be with her.

His heart wanted to forgive her and take her in his embrace comforting his baby girl while his senses denied the same. His trust on her was so strong that he even now did not want to believe everything had happened. Still everything was reality and he was devastated with the fact the girl who would share everything with him had failed to express the most important part of her life. He was not against love but the fact she had hid it disappointed him.

Yes of course he was even against sending her to the village but still if that is what she wanted he would have not been an obstacle. But now that was not the case after all the happenings his heart did not want to trust their relationship.

With everything that was happening he was only worried about one thing- her health. The girl who never sat at a place and shut her mouth for a minute was daring to speak. When he discussed it with Arunchalam he was equally worried. Ajay might have been initially outraged at her but later when he saw her mentally disturbed, Elango sensed the concern in his eyes. He was the one who had suggested taking her to his psychologist. Knowing she would not agree, they arranged for the doctor to visit their home as Maya would not doubt as he was one of their family friends. The doctor has observed her in a short time he had gained. He had asked them for the details and she was experiencing the initial stage of depression. He had also warned them to not disturb her with the past and also asked to not disappoint her in anything she requests which might lead to more depression.

Elango: enna Ravi Maya yen ipadi iruka ?

Ravi: Elango.. nee Solaratha ella vechu patha.. Maya kolantha mela uyir ah irunthu iruka.. athu yaru kitayum ah solama vechu iruntha naala.. avulum kolanthaiyum matum nu.. Ava oru Thani world ah create Pani vechu irunthu iruka... And all of a sudden the world has crashed down... She could not take everything in.. and more to that.. Ava way of coping up is being silent..athu mitha vishiyathula seri ah irukalam..but this is to much for her... I guess she in the initial stage of depression.

Elango: Ravi enna solaringa ?

Ravi: panick Agatha... She will be ok with time ana unga help venum.. avuluku no solatha... Let her do what ever she wants, may be anything can work to relax her mind... But one thing don't ever disappoint her.

Elango wiped off the tears that fell on cheeks and kissed her forehead. Maya, still in deep sleep out of medications, sensed him and had caught his hands and hugged.

“ Sorry pa.. please pa pesu… Enala mudila pa.… “

Elango suppressed his breaking sob and caressed her hair.