Chapter 38 - Missing

Jenny came to the bedroom after working on her assignment to find Maya sleeping with her mobile held to her ears. 

Jenny: plan workout airuchu polaya 

Jenny moved towards the bed and picked up her mobile and smiled, noticing the call durations of five hours. 

Jenny: onu illa onu illa nu solitu.. Lovers vida athigam ah pesuthunga.. She hit her forehead before covering Maya with a blanket and moved to lay beside her.

Maya who woke up frowned looking around before she realized and hit her forehead. She urged to look for her mobile and found it on the other side of the bed on the nightstand.

She quickly grabbed and found the time to be early morning five and she realized she had slept while still being on the call. She looked at Jenny who was sleeping and guessed she might have taken the mobile from her.

She sighed as sleep was long away from her and she left to the living. She sat on the swing that was hanging in the middle of the hall and slightly pushed herself while being lost in thoughts. She smiled as she remembered how Maaran was acting like a buffoon just to make her laugh last night before she fell asleep without her knowledge. 

Maya: romba neram wait pani irupan oh.. 

She frowned and unlocked her mobile to check the call timings and gasped that their call lasted for five hours. But she guessed she might have slept in the last hour and he might have waited for her to wake up before disconnecting the call.

Maya: achoo pavam

She felt the urge to call him back but she knew he might be sleeping after waiting for her. She sighed before she gripped the chain of the swing and her eyes fell on it.

She smiled remembering the day of the swing's arrival to their home which was a month ago.

A month ago on a night, Maya woke in the middle of the night hearing some sounds from outside. She panicked looking at the masked shadow on the curtain. She knew it was not Maaran like he usually does when they left for night out as he was out of station for an important meeting.

Maya: Jenny Jenny elunthuru di..  she shook her.

Jenny: pesama padu di.. she whined and turned to the side.

Maya: hey anga yaro nikaranga di elunthuru..

Jenny: bramaya iruku.. pesama padu di..

Maya: ayoo elunthuru di.. bayama iruku..

" Kanavu kandutu olarama pesama padu di " she whined and continued to sleep without paying heed.

Maya huffed before she hit her with a pillow and slowly walked out of the room with fear. She did not switch on the light which might warn whoever the shadow was and gulped when she reached the main door. Just when she was about to unlock the door a strong arm pulled her behind until she hit on a strong muscular body. Her heart literally jumped out of her until it calmed itself with a familiar scent that hit her nostrils. 

" shh.. nan tha.. " 

The whisper she heard near her ears calmed her heart to an extent that it forgot experiencing nearly a panic attack just before a minute. 

Maya: Maara enna panra.. she jerked when she felt a cloth covering her eyes. 

Maaran: trust me ?

He whispered against her nape, making her gulp and feel goosebumps before she nodded.

Maaran: Then move..