Chapter 34 - Day of Nalangu

The house was completely decorated with flowers and filled with the laughter of people. There were two stools placed on the further end of the corridor, one empty and one with a plate of bowls filled with oil, bermuda grass, turmeric paste, paneer and rose petals. Some large brass vessels with turmeric water were placed beside the chairs. 

It was three days before the Marriage and the day of Nalangu and everyone was on wheels to finish the Nalangu for Kathir so they could leave for Anjali's home and do Nalangu for her.

Maaran along with the boys walked into Kathir's room and found him happily combing his hair and the boys as usual decided to tease him.

Maaran: Enna da ore Kushi oh..

Kathir looked at the gang through the mirror and smiled.

Kathir: Yen iruka kudatha.. Anjali inaiku Inga vanthuruva.. one week waiting over..

Aadhavan: Mathini varuvangala ? anna unaku vishiyam ah theriyatha ?

Kathir: enna ?

Maaran: Mathini oda relatives yaro Kalyanathu munadi ella ponnnu mapalai veetuku poga kudathu.. kalyanathuku pona pothum nu solitangalam.. athu naala avunga Kalyanathuku tha varuvanga..

Kathir had a shocked reaction when the others tried hard not to laugh at his reaction.

Kathir: Dei poi solathinga.. Amma nethu kooda solitu irunthanga.. Avala kottitu varanum nu

Akhil: anna nethu sonathu ella unmai tha.. ana Mathini veetula irunthu kalaila tha kuptu sonanga.. Mathini vara matanga nu.

Kathir: velayadathinga da.. nama veetula ithu thena palakam ipa enna puthusa?

Maaran: dei athu nama veetu palakam avunga veetu palakam vera..

Akhil: ama anna.. nanga nijama tha solarom venu na Mathini kuptu kelu..

Kathir frowned before he started searching for his mobile but the boys were too clever to hide it the moment they came into the room.

Kathir searched the whole room before Akhil chuckled a little, giving him a hint and earning a glare from others.

Kathir: Dei phone ah kudunga da..

Aadhavan: Dei enna da Ellathayum enga kitaya ketutu iruka enga kita ella illa..

Maaran: athana.. nangala ipa thena room kula vanthom..

Kathir stood there frowning and that is when Maya along with the girls.

Maya: enna mama Anjali varanu santhosam ah irupinga nu patha.. ivalo dull ah irukinga ?

Aadhavan mv: pochu sothapita.

Kathir glared at the boys who were trying hard not to laugh.

Kathir: Anjali varala ?

Surya: enna anna kelvi ithu.. Nanga poi Nalangu vechutu Mathini kuptu vara thena poram.. ethuvum ah theriyatha mari pakara.

Kathir glared at the boys before he got hold of the Aadhavan shirt who tried to escape the room.

Kathir: enga chellam poringa.. Inga vanga..?

Aadhav: Illa amma kupta mari iruku…. 

Kathir turned him to face him and playfully punched on his stomach making the others in the room burst into laughter.

Kathir: ena enna soninga da ? He chided and at the same time caught hold of Akhil who silently tried to peek out of the room.

Kathir: Epadi epadi.. inaiku kalaila tha call pananga la.. he hit Akhil confusing the girls in the room.