Chapter 39 - A Kid or His Girl

Maaran left for Maya's house and found the living empty and hearing sounds from the kitchen he left there to find Jenny in her night dress.

Maaran: hey

Jenny: vanga na..

Maaran: Enna Jen.. college kelambalaya.. late aguthu..

Jenny: enaku inaiku leave bro..

Maaran: Enna leave?

Jenny: engaluku third sem nadakuthu illa..

Maaran: apa avulukum leave ah ?

Jenny: illa avaluku inaiku oru exam iruku..

Maaran: Enga Ava ready aitu irukala ?

Jenny: Ava enga ready ana.. night la irunthu aluthutu ukanthu iruka ?

Maaran: hmm... Inaiku Athai oda erantha naal..

Jenny: sona bro..

Maaran: seri iru nan poi avala pathutu varan

Jenny: bro oru nimisham..

Maaran: enna aachu ?

Jenny: illa Ava ipa thaniya exam poga Venda.. Neenga avala kutitu pongalan..

Maaran nodded before he left back to the living and picked up a parcel he brought before leaving to her room and knocked on it. Once he heard her asking him to get in he left to find Maya settled with a book on her hand and her face was pale and eyes red indicating she had cried.

Maaran sat opposite to her while she looked away trying to hide her red eyes.

Maaran: Umayal.. He sighed when he did not get any reply and moved little forward to sit closer.

The moment he touched her palm that was placed on her lap she threw herself on his chest and sobbed.

Maaran was himself upset as the guilt which had been in the corner of his heart was peaking out too much today just like any other year. The only difference this year was he had another person to console who was mourning more than him and he knew he had to be strong for that.

Maaran took a deep breath before he wound his hand around her and caressed her hair until she calmed a little.

Maaran: Maya ma.. ok va..

Maya just hummed still lying on his chest and fisting his collar.

Maaran got hold her shoulders and moved her away a little before he cupped her face and wiped her tears.

Maaran: Exam ku padikalaya ?

Maya frowned when he questioned about exam when she expected to console her.

Maaran: enna mulikara… enna da Ivan samathanam panama exam pathi kekaran ah ?

Maya nodded.

Maaran: Evalo samathana paduthunalum.. un kastam unaku tha.. neeya una samathanam panikita tha you will feel better… athu apram ah porumaiya paniko… Ana exam inaika eluthanum ila..

Maya: athukunu oru formality aachu convince pana ennava ?

Maaran: enaku athu ella varathu.. meeri pananum na poi ah irukum paravalaya ?

Maya: Onu Venda.. she pushed his hands away and moved away from him.

Maaran chuckled: Seri di odana kovichukatha… po poi exam ku ready agu..

Maya: Inaiku Afternoon exam tha..

Maaran: Paravala po ready agum.. nan office poran.. nana una kutitu poran..