Pope

Storyline: It's tough being the new kid. But it's tougher when you don't have any friends nor do you have money. Which it seems that if you don't have money they really don't care about how you feel. But one day you meet a boy who doesn't seem to care and he ends up introducing you to his friends

Word count : 1261

Warnings : None

Requested: No

A/n: A heads up I have a few chapters pre-written and some Prefrences written as well. I've tried writting more chapters but I simply ran out of ideas so this is a reminder that Requests are open and go to that chapter and read what you gotta do. So if you have an idea on what you wanna see than go do it. Also I have a Harry Potter Imagines book started and I'm in the middle of writting some chapters cause I have some good ideas and I'll be publishing some chapters real soon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's Pov

I was new to the Outer Banks. I've been here a week and I've still managed to make no friends. People around here seem to only care about money. If you don't have money then it's like you don't matter.

It's worse when it comes to Topper and his friends. They are constantly picking on me. Including this girl named Sarah Cameron. Who at first I thought was really nice until Topper told her that I have no money and that he was sure that I was a gold digger.

With me still being new I wanted to learn about some of the old history so I wanted to go to the local Library to do some research. But since I didn't know the way I went up to someone random and tapped them on the shoulder.

He turned around and smiled. " I'm new here and I was wondering where the local library was?" I asked politely. " It's right around the corner from here. If you don't mind asking why don't you use your phone?" He asked. " I live with my mom and she doesn't really have alot of money so I don't have one." I explain.

He stopped smiling and nodded a little. I left him alone and headed towards the library. I didn't get far when I was stopped by the boy. " I gotta head there anyway so I'll walk with you. My friends and I are looking for something." He smiles as he lead the way. " I never caught your name." I mentioned

" My names Pope, and you are?" He asked. " Y/n." I smiled. " Well Y/n welcome to the Outer Banks, small warning stay away from the Kooks, they don't care about you unless you have money. " He explains. " I noticed, I haven't had the greatest luck." I look over at him.

" I'm actually meeting my friends there, maybe you can join our group. We are called the Pouges." He mentions. " That's a weird word." I giggled which called him to smile.

°°°°°°°°°°Time Skip°°°°°°°°°°°°

Pope and I were on the library computers doing some research. Pope told me a little bit about the gold and why they were looking for it so I had some information to go off of.

I was taking some notes for him when a small group of people came up to us. To my knowledge it was his friends. " Hi Pope, find anything useful?" The blond boy asked. " Yeah and I had some help from Y/n" Pope smiled at them.

I gave them a small smile until I realized that Sarah was part of this group. " I'm gonna go." I packed up my stuff. " I wanted to introduce you to my friends." He frowned. " Well Sarah should have thought twice before allowing Topper to convince her that I was a gold digger." I sarcastically smile as I left the library.

" Y/n!" I heard a girl yell after me which caused me to turn around. To my suprise it was Sarah. I rolled my eyes at her and continued to walk away. She finally caught up with me and she grabbed my arm. " Look I'm sorry I was rude but Pope really seems to like you and you seemed to help him quite a bit so please don't leave." She explains.

" Look I wanna help but it's hard to wanna help someone when one of his friends weren't exactly nice." I mentioned. " Don't do it for me, do it for Pope." She says quietly as she went back to her friends.

I stood there for a moment trying to decide what to do. On one hand if I leave I don't have to talk to Sarah, on the other hand if I walk in I'll possibly have made some friends and I wouldn't have to be alone anymore.

I finally decided that I was gonna help Pope and his friends and I walked back in the library to see them talking quietly which im guessing it was about the gold. " The Crane house." Is all I said. That got their attention and cause the blonde guy to speak. " Excuse me?" I rolled my eyes and repeated myself. " The Crane house."

They all looked at each other trying to figure out what I ment. " I read that that there was a big storm recently right." They all said nodding and waited for me to continue. " Right so when you map out where the water lines end and start cause everything got fucked up you end up at the Crane house. So I'd check there." I explain.

I looked over at Pope who was smiling and giving me a thumbs up. " Y/n, welcome to the Pouges." The other girl spoke up. " I don't even know who you guys are." I mentioned. " I'm Kiara, that's JJ he's a flirt and he doesn't make the smartest choices so be careful, that's John B and you already know Sarah and Pope." She introduced all of us.

I stood there for a moment and waiting for someone to say something but no one did. " So whats the plan. We can't exactly just walk in since there's rumors about that house." I smile at the group. " Thank God there's another girl. " Kiara hugged me.

°°°°°°°°°°Time Skip°°°°°°°°°°°°

We were at John B's hanging out in the back yard drinking and eating some Pizza that Sarah had just bought. " Do you really not have a phone?" She asked me.

I set my drink down and nodded. " My mom recently got divorced so I can't afford one." I mentioned they all nodded and went off to their own thing. John B was with Sarah, Kie was with JJ and I was talking with Pope.

" How are you enjoying your time here?" He asked. " Better than last week that's for sure." I smiled at him. " So far out of everyone that I've met you're my favorite person so far." I added.

He smiled and mumbled a thank you. " I'm glad your here. So are the others. They seem to really like you." Pope mentioned. " Good cause they seem like a good group of people. " I complemented.

"Well now that your one of us there is alot for you to learn about the Outer Banks." Pope smiled. " Then you better start teaching me your ways." I joked with him.

I had spent the rest of the night learning who to stay away from who were cool, which people threw the best Party's and so on. I knew that Pope and I were going to get along real well.