Chapter 3

Unfortunately for Peter and Ororo, over the next few months while they ruled York during the day, where the people were starting to warm up to Ororo, and made love at night in their room, the two royals commitment to their other spouses began to fracture. There was moments where the two would give simple kisses to the other and it quickly turned into passionate make out session, where they believed for moments that they were truly in love and no thought of their spouses in Wakanda could impede it until after the kiss was done and they felt a bit guilty for the thoughts and be shy around each other for a while. Before too long however Peter and Ororo couldn't deny that there was something between them that might be actually love not lust, but they didn't want to admit it in the attempt to try to hold onto the faithfulness they felt they needed to keep to T'Challa and Mary Jane.

That was until one day as Peter and Ororo sat in the throne room listening to a couple of peasants in a more rundown part of the city required for a better sewer system, Peter just agreed to send workers to get started when the doors bursted open and a guard came sprinting into the room. "Sire!" The man yell falling to his knees panting heavily, "Catch your breath knight and tell me what is it?" Peter said as he waited for the man to regain his lost wind, finally the man managed to speak.

"A horse just appeared at the gate carrying two exhausted children from a village up north, the older brother, before passing out, managed to relay his message. Their home was attacked, by the Horde." Ororo, who was never bothered by the cold, felt an unpleasant chill she didn't like. The Horde was a force of mutated creatures that used to be scattered tribes until 'He' came, Ororo had heard stories even in Wakanda of the terrifying Green Goblin that was a monster in every telling. She wasn't sure how many were true except for one that was, where Peter's family was brutally murdered by the Goblin, leaving young Peter wounded and dying until his patron Madam Web appeared to save him by making Peter her Spider warrior.

Who immediately sprung up from his throne as he acted, commanding his generals to summon the army while sending both scouts to track the Horde and runners to go to the villages to have them evacuate to York so they would be safe. While Peter was talking, Ororo suddenly had a flash of a memory that wasn't hers and that she knew was sent by her Goddess showing Mary Jane staying behind as Peter went to war and came back wounded. Ororo knew why she was shown this with the sense that this time Peter might not return and immediately refused to let that happen, so when Peter turned to her with the almost memorized phrase that he had to go Ororo stood up and said.

"I'm coming with you." This took Peter by surprise shown by the stun expression on his face, for a moment he was frozen before thwarting out and tried to in vain to argue that Ororo should stay safe with the people, but she cut him off. "I'm the champion of the Goddess Peter, I am bond by duty to face an evil that threat my people. York are my people and I will stand next to you against it, so let's stop arguing and head out before the Horde can attack another town." Immediately realizing that he wasn't going to persuade Ororo to change her mind one bit, Peter nodded, feeling strength fill him knowing that she was joining him to fight the Horde and defend 'their' people. "Our People." Peter thought with smile as he allowed their bond to make him pull Ororo into a deep kiss before they broke apart and went to prepare for war.

Ororo woke up to the sound of a chirping bluebird that sweet songs were different from the music the birds that lived in Wakanda made, she didn't know which was better but decided that it didn't matter as she carefully extracted herself from her sleeping king and went out the tent. It was early morning the sky was still dark with signs of morning approaching, Ororo looked out at the dark outlines of hundreds, if not thousands, of tents spread across the valley.