Chapter 27

Because of both her dark powers that practically rivals Le Fay, Bask easily made the other members of the Shadow Council fall in line with mainly threats or the promises that once she is Queen then their heart desires of having our vibranium would be fulfill." T'Challa continued to explain to Peter, Ororo and the other ladies who listen intensely to every detail as the image of Bask disappeared and was replaced with a map of Wakanda. "Though they haven't been able to yet penetrate the dome protecting the Golden City, they have been making raids on several vibranium mines…" Dots of red appeared on the map, follow by purple dots "And also have desecrated many burial sites where Bask had used her powers to reanimate the corpses of dead to create more soldiers for her army."

"How come she haven't been stop yet?" Peter asked in both shock that someone would defile a person resting place and gain control of so much, to which Shuri answered "The reason is that our army have been cut in half, due to Bask claim to be part of Wakanda Royalty and because of some 'internal problems'…" Peter thought he saw her give her brother a quick annoy look before she continued "A couple of the tribes like Mining, Border and Jabari have sided with Bask believing she will bring a new glorious age to Wakanda." At this Ororo scoffed "Anyone that bring the dead back to life as cannon fodder does not deserve to rule anything, I won't tolerate this and that now our army is here and combine with yours, we can take the fight to this evil Queen and kick her off her stolen throne." Around the room the remaining tribal leaders and even the Dora Milaje smiled at seeing their former Queen ready for action, who present husband nodded in agreement "Couldn't said it better myself my love." To which Ororo gave Peter a smile and a squeeze of the hand, then T'Challa, who had been silent during Shuri briefing, stood up and said to his sister "Shuri will you take the King and his group to the war room, I'll be there shortly, I just need to do 'something' first." Peter definitely notice the dirty look the Wakanda Princess gave her King before curtly nodding, standing up and requesting Peter's group to follow her out of the room, but not before Peter glanced back to see both T'Challa and Mary Jane walking together to a door off in the corner.

"I can guess the internal problems." Peter commented quietly to Shuri as they walked the halls of the palace and she nodded sadly "They took the Rite Intercourse rule to out of portion ranges and it made T'Challa neglect his duties as both King and Black Panther, to be truthful the only reason why not all the tribal leaders have joined Bask is due mainly to the dead corpses of our fallen being summon. But we're still have desertions almost every other day or so, it one of the reasons I called you for help." "And the other reasons?" Betsy asked and giving a deep sigh Shuri answered "The other reasons is that I, and probably many of still freed Wakanda is hoping that you will become the Queen of Wakanda again Ororo and bring back the peace to our land." Though she hid it well on the outside, Peter sense Ororo's uneasy through their bond about ruling with him. 'We'll figure it out Ororo, together.' Peter telepathically told Ororo and felt her gratitude as they reached the war room.

"The Shadow Council have concentrated their forces on the Alkama Fields with them using the city of Birnin S'yan as their main base of operations." Shuri explained as what looked like metal sand moved across the large war table and rose to take quite detail shapes of trees, rocks and even the buildings of a small city located in the middle of an expanse of black grassy plains. Which was doted with red figurines resembling mostly humans, but also a couple of animals like armor rhinos and the more disturbing being what looked like human except pieces were missing from different parts of their bodies to mostly show bones and a couple of organs. They were confirm to be the undead by Shuri who used a control panel at the table edge to move the sand-like map so it showed the edge of the shield surrounding the city and where the largest concentration of red enemies was.