Chapter 57

That something came in the form of Peter's telepath wives, two who were counselors that immediately consul Helen upon her and Peter's return to the castle. She was grateful for the two helping ease her trouble head with their mind powers, along with talking to Ororo, Susan and Jean who knew a thing of betraying men. She was mostly grateful to her new King who came up with a plan where Betsy, Emma and Jean would tweak the minds of Helen's family to which Violet and Dash would believe that their dad was dead. Their memories of him tweaked to where he died just after Dash's birth and the two were raised by their 'technically new' stepfather Peter, while the quite alive Bob forgot that he was married, had kids and fully believed he was single and fully in love with his girlfriend Mirage.

Though it pained Helen, she knew it was the best for her kids and in fact the only real way to sell the stepfather story to them was for her and Peter to officially get married, which they did so by the time Helen's superpower children minds were completely altered, they embraced Peter with full love for their 'new' father and Parker family that began helping to fill the hole in the newly Helen Parker's heart from Bob's betrayal. Meanwhile the agency that Helen had worked for soon received a surprise visit from a couple of lovely yet very deadly women who had definitely 'showed' them the light of Peter's plans for peace and the agency soon gave their loyalty to aid him in his quest for York. Which, about five months after Ulstead had joined, received a new target for conversation in the form of message that came from the ruler of a desert country to the southwest call 'Agrabah'.

The ruler, a Sultan, was an elderly old man by the name of Hamed Bobolonius requested an alliance with York and offer to have Peter marry his old child Princess Jasmine, Peter had heard rumors that she was a beautiful desert flower yet was stubborn since she had refused every suitor that her father had tried to wed her to in his kingdom. He guessed that the Sultan was hoping that he could be able to win the Princess' stubborn heart, which was a challenge and Peter decided, after consulting with his wives and council, to accept the Sultan proposal and set off to the southwest.

"I'm amazed that anyone can live here in this heat." Peter's eldest daughter May Gale Parker commented squinting through the glare of the sun at the expanse of rolling hills made of sand, Peter was about to leave York when his daughter and heir demanded to come with him on this adventure. She was very persuasive in saying that coming to see her father make an alliance with another country would be beneficial to her and give May and her father some time together, so Peter agreed to let May come along and respond to her comment with. "Yes it is impressive, some says the desert used to be a lush green and magical paradise of ancient race of sorcerers, until a catastrophe, most likely caused by the magicians, destroyed the land thousands of years ago to leave mostly sand. It is rumored to still be imbued with the ancient magic that help the creatures survive beneath its sand or at springs of waters dotted across it with the largest body being the Oasis Sea where Agrabah is located by."

"And how far do we have to go?" May asked as they went over a hill and still there was no sign of anything but sand, "Quite some ways, maybe a week or so at our rate." Peter answered "And I know you are going to ask why couldn't we have Lockjaw transport us there, the answer is that we shouldn't always rely upon one person, or dog, ability for everything. Besides taking the normal way gives me more time with my wonderful daughter." He added reaching over to rustle May's brown and white hair beneath the shawl she wore to protect against the sun, "Dad." May said pushing his hand off as they continue to ride until they stopped at sundown by a large collection of large dark brown rocks that stuck out of the light brown sand like a sore thumb. While the others set up the camp Peter and May decided to explore the rocks, after sometime they came upon one particular large rock that stuck out from the rest because of its shape taking the quite detail form of a lion's head. Peter quickly knew it more than just a rock as his magic sense tingled and his suspicions were confirmed as they approached and the lion's stone eyes began to glow gold, followed by a deep voice that seemed to be coming from the stone speaking.

"Who disturbs my slumber?" It questioned, exchanging a look with his daughter Peter replied "I am King Peter Parker of York and this is my daughter Princess May Gale Parker, we apologize for disturbing your sleep. Might I ask who you are?" "I am the gateway to the Cave of Wonder and the guardian of the Lamp, know this, only one may enter here. One whose worth lies far within. A diamond in the rough, worthy of the lamp. Proceed Peter Parker, King of York, enter the cave, touch nothing but the lamp." The lion opened its mouth to reveal a flight of stairs descending down into the ground, looking at his daughter Peter had a quick mind conversation. 'I think you should go in, what ever this Lamp is I have a feeling it's very important. Just be careful okay.' 'I will, just stay here, I'll be hopefully back in a few minutes.' Peter answered before taking a deep breath and slowly approached the lion mouth.

Which Peter sensed would've chomped down upon him if the lion didn't gave him permission to enter, descending the steps the passage went down, down, down. Peter didn't know how far down he went before he reached the bottom and the tunnel opened up, stepping through Peter felt his mouth drop as he saw why it was called the Cave of Wonder, it was filled nearly to the brim with every treasure imaginable. There was hills of gold and silver coins that had different kind of artifacts which an archeologist could make an entire career out of just one, also among the gold were every type of jewel known and maybe unknown glittering from the glow that the cave seemed to be giving off.

Peter goggled at the treasure that would make the poorest peasant one of the most powerful kings in the world, he was sorely tempted to touch it when his spider sense went off telling him that if he laid a finger on a single coin then something very bad would happen. So restraining himself Peter decided to look for the lamp, he figured that this important lamp would be at the back of the cave and fortunately there was a clear path through the treasure for Peter to take. He was halfway through the cave when Peter sensed that he wasn't alone, he felt like something was creepy up behind him using the gold as cover if he looked around. Stopping in his track Peter stayed still as he sensed the thing what ever it was getting closer and closer, when he felt that it was close enough Peter spun around to find, no a person like a bandaged wrap mummy or assassin, a carpet.

It was very detailed and ornate as the purple wool was stitched together in such a way that it forms all manner of interesting patterns along its form, having ornate triangles and abstract symbols along the frame. The images of gold tiger heads on each of his four corners, flame-like patterns on its top and bottom, and in its center is the image of eight golden lamps positioned in a circle and surrounded by four gold scimitars which are surrounded by smoke-like patterns. At each corner was a large golden tassel that gave more beauty to the carpet, but really took the prize was the fact that the carpet was literally floating feet in the air and also the fact that it was practically alive since upon seeing that it was caught the carpet made like scared animal to bolt away.

"Whoa, Wait! I'm not going to hurt you." Peter said soothingly and the carpet hesitated as it somehow looked at him with its faceless front, "Wow, I have heard of magic carpets but never thought I see one, amazing." He commented 'I also never heard of a magic carpet being practically alive, but I guess that no one had ever met one.' Then an idea came to Peter "Hey, maybe you could help me? I was told by the lion head that there some kinda lamp in here, could you help me find it?" The carpet nodded and headed off down the path Peter was taking, before too long they reached the far end of the cave where on top of a tall perch was a ornate golden oil lamp.

Ascending the steps heading up to it Peter cautiously picked up the lamp, expecting some kind of boobytrap to be activated but nothing happened, 'I wonder what so special about this lamp? But I learn why outside.' Peter thought to himself as he began to descend the steps when the carpet flew in front of him and wiggled it body. "You want me to ride you?" Peter asked and the carpet nodded its faceless head. "Okay." Peter said and he climbed onto the carpet that managed to hold his weight as it flew with incredible speed over the mountains of treasure and in no time flat was flying up the tunnel entrance and rocketed out of the lions mouth into the sky. Looking back Peter saw both the lion close it's mouth to become simple stone again and the opening mouth of his daughter as she stared up at him in shock as the carpet turned around to stop in front of her, "How in the name of the Web?" May wondered as the carpet held out one of its tassels for her to shake like a hand. "He's a friend, hop on and we'll head back to the camp so we can figure out the purpose of this." Peter held up the lamp that gleamed in the moonlight before helping his daughter onto the carpet and, telling it where to go, it took them back to the camp of just surprised wives.