Chapter 28

"Try to get us to leave?" Felicia asked as Peter, Ororo and Shuri climbed the talon fighter ramp, "Exactly." Peter answered before saying "I have a feeling we're in for a rough fight ahead." To which Crystal answered "We will be ready." "We better be." Ororo said going to the holo table in middle of the fighter to beginning a strategy for the upcoming battle. Which thanks to a spy in the enemy rank would be at first light tomorrow morning, apparently the council had been holding back to try and starve out T'Challa's force, but now it seems like Peter and Ororo managed to piss Bask off enough to throw away the original plan and decide to end them at once on a full assault.

"Didn't think you could make anyone that angry in the first encounter." T'Challa said with both impress and also angry in his voice after Peter had told of the meeting, he didn't tell about the Council reveal that they knew of T'Challa and Mary Jane crime since it would only cause trouble when they didn't have the luxury of it as both Kings had their combined troops take up new camps at the soon to be battlefield as night came. The Wakandans was a bit surprise when Peter and his women refused the rooms offered to them in the palace and instead went to go spend the night with their troops, which brought courage to the Yorkers and even the Wakandans troops who felt a bit ashamed that their King wasn't with them. Who it wasn't at all surprising to Peter and his wives by a message sent from Shuri that T'Challa was in his room having loud intercourses with Mary Jane, 'Someone should remind those two rabbits that during war time, the intercourses are suspended until it is over.' Emma mentally scoff 'I starting see how many are thinking that T'Challa have lost what is becoming of a King and new leadership is needed.' Peter couldn't help but agree with the blonde telepath and she showed the conflicts that had arisen in Wakanda through its people eyes.

'Some are wondering why we have come to fight in their Wakanda, saying this is their fight and not ours even if we are allies.' Betsy commented to which Ororo replied 'The reason because is that we can either help or stand aside and let a country destroy itself, the fact that we are here shows that we choice the first and shouldn't be ashamed of it because we know that it the right thing to do, now we should turn in, tomorrow is going to be a storm." Ororo added and the others chuckled at her little mutant joke as they went to their tent that was a magic on to be bigger on the inside than the out.

Peter woke up hours later when it was still dark outside, but sense that morning was not far away and so climbing out of the bed he and Ororo shared Peter put on his armor that melded with his Symbiote to become both lighter in weight and stronger in protection. Quietly leaving the tent Peter looked out at the shadowy sea of different tents filled with the armies of York and Wakanda sleeping inside. Though many like Peter was waking up and starting dead fires to cook what might be their last meals, who nodded and gave small greetings to the York King as he past on his way to the edge of the camp and looked out through a pair of binoculars towards the dome that along with the sky, changing from black to pink, gave enough light to show what was happening on the other side.

There were movement, mostly from the sleepless undead troops just wandering about the field and occasionally the ones who got near the shield let out a roar with their hollow eyes glowing red and attacked it with nothing to lose to try and break through by hacking weapons or fists at the dome and mostly loosing a limb or their heads as the shield, like a guillotine, re-closed the openings and slice them off to join the pile of weapons and body parts scattered across the shield rim. "Using them as expendable fodder, Bask is proving my question true that she doesn't care for the dead, makes one wonder if she'll cares for the living just as much if she become Queen." Peter muttered with anger as he continued to look through his binoculars at the enemy he soon would fight.

That fight came a few hours later as the sun slowly rose over the mountains to glimmer off the Golden City dome and illuminate the fields on both inside and out where the combine armies of York/Wakanda were forming defensive battle lines, while the Shadow Councils on the other side was creating offensive lines with a whole legion worth of undead Wakandans at the head. That glowing red eyes could be seen even from a distance and the distortion of the shield, this included the eyes of Bask who stood in the front middle of the undead looking at the army that dared to stand against her. Who's leaders conspired of King Peter in his red and blue armor, Queen Ororo standing to his left with the other different women who were also his wives, while to his right stood Wakanda King T'Challa donning his black Panther outfit that was a contrast to the red and gold/silver battle armor of his Dora Milaje.