Chapter 45

The rising morning sun slowly began to reveal and illuminated the city of York bit by bit and its occupants were starting to wake up and get ready for the day in the rooms, this included the folks that live in a fair size area of the city call 'Amsterdam' with the massive cathedral of St. John located in its center that stood above the other surrounding buildings. Which could be slightly seen at times from the street and practically seen entirely from the rooftops with its occupants being mostly birds yet there was a spider, a ten year old female human/mutant hybrid spider girl. Who's little lighter almond skin was warmed by the sun as the gently morning breeze rustled her short brown hair that white streaks were braided in a way to makes it look like the girl had small white lightning running across her head.

The girl was Princess Mayday, or May, Parker, the daughter of the Spider King who, like the citizens down on the streets, didn't know that his little girl wasn't at the castle or had a person like a guard accompany her because of many things. Chief among them the fact that May's dad was away on business in the country of Genosha to help convict the mutant, Scott Summer, who tried to kill him, he went with May's newest Aunt, Jean Grey, along with Auntie Felicia, Betsy, Lorna and Rogue. This left her mom in charge and she was also busy with some rain shortages in a not too far off town and had went to see if she could 'persuade' some water to fall, so neither parent knew that their daughter had snuck out of her bed, spider climbed/webbed over the castle walls and now was roaming around York. Which May's hazel brown eyes with the pupils a stormy grey like her mother's scan the rooftops to see what direction she would take, and spotting something happening in the forecourt of the gothic design cathedral she decided to go investigate.

Descending down into an alleyway May removed her Royal ring from her finger to put it on the end of a chain around her neck that she tucked under the collar of the simple brownish clothes that May had her Klyntar morph into and made her look like many of the peasants, who didn't notice the girl emerging out of the alley and began to walk among the people gathering around assortment of colorful tents and decorations that matched the colors of the outfits that several folks were wearing. "Who are they?" May asked a nearby watcher and he replied "Their Gypsies." "What is a Gypsy?" May asked and the man looked at her, he might've thought that it should've been common knowledge of what Gypsy was but since he was talking to a ten year old he cut her some slack as he explained. "They are a group of people who lives on the streets and depend on the type of Gypsy, most are untrustworthy thieves that would steal your purse or like they one they are aimless musical nomads that perform for their money. They mostly live here in Amsterdam and today is the day that the city allows them, once every year, to come out to perform for us in a Festival of Fools. It's quite amazing show that they love to do, yet it will probably be the last one you'll see."

"Why?" May questioned "Because from what I have here, the St. John Archbishop and Justice Minster of Amsterdam, Judge Claude Frollo is planning to speak with the King himself to ban the festival forever." The man answered 'Dad would never agree to that and stop something that brings joy to folks.' May thought yet asked a different question "This Frollo guy have something against people trying to get by?" The man shrugged "Maybe, I do know that he sees the Gypsies as heinous vermin and is ruthless in his pursuit of eradicating them from York, that him." The man pointed towards a podium where a tall grey haired man sat in a decorated chair dressed in a black and purple robe that had black shoulder pads with thin red stripes on top and just under the robe was a purple jumpsuit, while on top of his head was a purple and black striped hat with a red ribbon attached to the bottom. He also wears three rings on his fingers, two on the right and one on the left, with jewels colored blue, red, and green. The glinted in the sunlight pecking through the slits in the one person canopy tent he was under, while the sun shun on the golden armor of the man sitting on a white horse beside the tent, though his helmet hid his arm May knew the man was a blonde because of the goatee at the end of his chin.