Chapter 55

"I take it you're Maleficent." Peter wanted to confirm his guess and the woman smiled "You heard of me, I'm flattered and I must be honest that it's a pleasure to meet you, Peter Parker. The Great Spider King of York." "I'll accept that complement, you may not be aware but I was going to come to the Moors to speak with you to try and help begin the process of mending the bonds between your people and the people of Ulstead." Peter said "Oh I'm quite aware of that and it's one of the reasons why I send my Fae to 'pick you up' to bring you to me." Maleficent said and Peter raised an eyebrow "I take that the other reasons are why am chained up?" Maleficent smiled "You are quite a smart man, more so I think than the one who thought stealing my wings would been a good idea. It only resulted in him losing his daughter, wife and his mind in the end."

"Yes it did, but I still think that you should've just cursed him instead of his daughter. She didn't take your wings and shouldn't have been punished for her father actions, neither should her mother who I heard was kind and nice to you, even now, though sad about not seeing her daughter grow up, she ready to forgive you after the curse is broken upon her birthday." Maleficent let out a sigh "Queen Leah is a better ruler than her dreadful husband and yet she'll have to wait longer than her children birthday to forgive me." Peter raised an eyebrow, "And why's that?" "Because on the even of her birthday Princess Aurora will fall into the curse sleep I placed on her." Maleficent answered, "But how, your curse only works if she falls in love with a man before her thirty fifth birthday and from what I heard she haven't been seen by anyone since..." Peter began to say when Maleficent cut him off.

"On your way to Ulstead you went through the nearby wood."

"Yes, I did."

"And during the trip you meet a girl in there did you not?"

"What does Briar Rose have to do..." Peter started before he stopped as a image of his forest lover crossed his mind, her golden blonde hair the same color as Queen Leah who shared the same color of violet purple eyes. The similar high cheekbones, the pointed chins and the same shape noses, quickly the pieces of the puzzle fell into place as Peter said "You mean to tell me, that Briar Rose..." "Is Princess Aurora." Maleficent finished his sentence for him, "And I know from my little friend here." She scratched the head of the crow still on her shoulder, "That she has fallen completely in love with you Peter, a course one would be hard not to after that experiencing the stupendous tumble you two had in that little cottage. Which I thought would be ashes when young Rose accidentally spoke your name during a little daydream and her Aunts, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather, who by the way are actually fairy godmothers, overheard her. Rose a course didn't tell them about your little session but she did tell about her love with you, though her heart is a little broken because just earlier the three Aunts received the news of their girl marriage to you and told Rose the truth about her never being able to see you again since they assumes she will not be marrying the same man. They are on their way to the castle and arrive by the eve of her birthday."

"But there no spinning wheel, King Stefan destroyed them all after that night." Peter said trying to keep his hope up until Maleficent replied "That he did, but the thing is Peter Parker, when I placed the curse on baby Aurora, I never chose a pacific wheel did I." Immediately Peter knew what she was meaning since even though all spinning wheels were destroyed, the curse would ensure that there was a wheel for Aurora to prick her finger on. "So you have kidnapped me to ensure that I wouldn't wake Aurora up immediately after she falls asleep, you're still mad at Stefan to continue making the girl who never harm you to suffer more." Maleficent nodded "Yes, I am, now if you'll excuse me, I should be there to see the Princess. Oh by the way, what host would I be if you didn't get to watch the event happen as well."