Chapter 38

Several months past since Red X takedown and the Black Widows adjusted to their new life, becoming a new division of the King Royal Guard known a course as the Widow that was jointly lead by both Natasha and Felicia. Who had no problem with a few willing become Peter's concubine so they could have the children they wanted and proud to let the father be their King, while the Widows also helped to expand their King Symbiote Kingdom faster by using their spy training to infiltrate non Symbiote groups. This included going to the other Spider-Lords to sneakily give them each a Symbiote and 'opening' their minds to the glory of a truly united spider nation under their beloved Peter Parker. Now the Symbiote turned Spider-Lords and Ladies: Miles Morales, Gwen Stacy, Miguel O'Hara, Ben Reilly and Jessica Drew were granted the special gift by Peter to summon new Symbiotes themselves to begin drafting their cites subjects into the new Kingdom without any outsider knowing about it until after the joining and swore to keep the secret so to not fright off the ones yet to join. During theses months Lady Amora's stomach grew with her and Peter's child and coming up behind her was both Medusa, who expected quadruplets and now Lorna, who was just confirmed to be a month pregnant by her Symbiote informing Peter when Lorna was feeling sick.

It was during this Symbiote growth period that Peter received a request for a meeting with Daily Bulge news reporter Betty Brant, a great woman who had helped cover many stories in York like the Purifier War, the Sable Hammerhead fight and surprising was one of the growing few people to join Peter's Symbiote Kingdom. So Peter accepted the request and the next day waited in his office as Miss Brant was escorted inside, she had a great hourglass form that was shown even under the black and pink dress gripping it as the sunlight coming through the window illuminated her lovely face and gleamed off her short brown hair that fell to just below her jawline. Which was lifted as Betty's lips rose in a smile, "Hello Peter, it's been awhile." Taking her hand Peter bent down to kiss her knuckles as he replied "Yes it have, you still looking lovely as ever." Betty's cheeks turned pink as she blushed and rubbed a hand over her expose fair skin neck that since the room seemed to grow slightly warmer than before, but she just assumed it was because of the fire in the office fireplace as she sat down on one of the large couch which was the equivalent of a small bed that included it soft cushions sinking slightly by her weight.

Peter sat down in the armchair across from her and reached for the pot set on the coffee table place between them, "Hot chocolate?" He asked "Yes thank you." Betty answered as she took the cup and felt strange goosebumps run up her arm when their fingers brushed each other. Peter didn't seem to notice anything as he said "So, to what do I own the pleasure of your visit Betty?" Momentarily stun by the goosebumps it took Betty a long second to regain her thoughts as she said "Oh yeah, well I came because over the last couple of months I noticed a decrease in crime." Peter shrugged "The police must be doing a good job." Betty shakes her head, "It's not that, it like the victims of the attacks are somehow starting to fight back such as small women able to take down men twice their size. Or people that are gun down by drive by are somehow able to survive even with shots to the heart like they suddenly became hard as steel before the round hit it. When I interview them most just said that they were lucky but theses are the normal people of the city, not mutant or inhuman, then the last person that I spoke to told me that if I want all my answers I would to talk with you, so that why I'm here Peter, what is the reason?"

Betty looked Peter dead in the eye, which was a mistake because as soon as she did she suddenly couldn't look away. Her brown eyes became locked with the King's ones as he stood up and started to move around the table, with each step Betty's body suddenly grew warmer while it felt like she was ensnare with a rope that pulled her body off the couch against her will and stood mere inches in front of Peter. Who's voice seemed to have become like soft music filling Betty's ears as he continued to stare deep into her eyes as if he was trying, with success, to hypnotize her, "You are a clever woman Betty Brant worthy of being a top reporter, you are right that those folks are mostly normal humans. There is a thing that makes them different from one, a gift which I gave each of them and here's yours." Closing the distance Peter, wrapping his arms around her waist, planted his lips onto Betty, whose mind practically turned off to leave her body in control as it responded to the kiss by wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing Peter back.